Electric cars

just a point to add on using lamp posts to host charging points, street lighting circuits typically feed maybe 10 or 15 lanterns, at, lets be generous, and say 100W each. So thats 1.5kW. The wiring feeding those lampposts is sized on that basis. So the idea of just trucking up and parking 4x7kW chargers on every other lamppost is ludicrous

Maybe your point is they can’t be on every lamppost but there’s already loads of lampposts in London you can plug in to.

Maybe your point is they can’t be on every lamppost but there’s already loads of lampposts in London you can plug in to.
And has more and more people adopt Ev's there will be more and more spots to charge. Probably every parking bay in the future will have a charging capability.

Seriously though the Zap Map mentioned above is a mighty fine tool with loads of user information concerning car choice, stats, buyers guide, news and a host of snippets for both the newbie and hardened greenie alike.

Haha when does buying a new car make you green you wum :D

And has more and more people adopt Ev's there will be more and more spots to charge. Probably every parking bay in the future will have a charging capability.

Wouldn't it be easier for mass adoption if you could remove the battery and charge it in your house? Or you charge a power bank that charges the car whilst you drive I dunno. In it's current form its not fit for purpose.

Edit just seen the size of the batteries no chance haha.

I'm not saying it can't be done, just that it's not as simple as adapting the lamp post, the whole infrastructure feeding the lamppost needs to be upgraded too

Haha when does buying a new car make you green you wum :D
It is true that I have turned green in quarantine

Going green helps our environment Boi by reducing the amount of pollution that enters the soil, the water and our air. By using alternative energy sources and avoiding the burning of fossil fuels fewer pollutants are released into the environment. Thanks for listening you wum : /

Last edited:
It is true that I have turned green in quarantine but why do you mock me so

Going green helps our environment Boi by reducing the amount of pollution that enters the soil, the water and our air. By using alternative energy sources and avoiding the burning of fossil fuels fewer pollutants are released into the environment. Thanks for listening you wum : /

Hope you bought the EV second hand otherwise you're going to have a 'sleepless night' when you find out how much worse it is to buy a new car.

Hope you bought the EV second hand otherwise you're going to have a 'sleepless night' when you find out how much worse it is to buy a new car.
A Phev our kid and yes preowned to maximize our carbon footprint. In this for the long haul we are!

Re the terrace house charging conundrum, could some sort of swing out/ telescopic overhead gantry not be used? This would keep the wires off the pavement/ road.
The wire would also have to be vandal proof.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.