Electric cars

Bp Pulse just wrote to us to say their prices are rising across the board so they can continue with the expansion of their nationwide network. Current membership is going up to £7.85 a month and then 16p a kw. We are going to sac them off and pay as non subscribe members as the membership does not justify our personal usage. We use them in the Stall, Clitheroe and Fairhaven park at Saint Anne's but not enough usage to justify membership fees. Non subscription members will pay 20p a kw which I'm OK with. Doing the math's I would have to use 196 kw a month just to break even : /

They have partnered with OVO Energy for EV drivers and if you switch to OVO on tarrif EV Everywhere then your pulse subscription fee is free for two years. We currently use Avro as they have all round excellent pricing regardless of when you use them. This suits us better.

Dear Gunny

Yesterday, we sent you a note about our changing tariffs from the 10th of June 2021. Please see below a correction of the tariffs that were released for Registered and Contactless/Guest users.

Last year, we installed more rapid and ultra-fast charging locations than any other company and we remain the most used network in the UK. These changes to our pricing will allow us to continue investing in our network and continue to be able to deliver the highest levels of service.

Our new tariffs are:

mail

Thank you for continuing to be a part of the bp pulse network.

Kind regards,
BP
They want fucking off just for addressing you as gunny. Familiar fuckers.

I get my Tesla Model 3 LR in Sept cant wait. Massive saving on tax as its a company car.

Just found out my electric supply at home is looped which might be a problem but a charger is going in the office car park too.

I was passing the Lidl in baguley early this morning and there seemed to be a small gathering waiting to use the charge pod in the carpark. How long would a typical charge take if you had sputtered your way to it on your last kilowatts?

I was passing the Lidl in baguley early this morning and there seemed to be a small gathering waiting to use the charge pod in the carpark. How long would a typical charge take if you had sputtered your way to it on your last kilowatts?
Led to believe that a lot of Lidl charge points offer rapid charging and are run by Pod. Pod also run Tesco's charge points but mainly type 2 with 7kw draw for free. A typical charge depends on the size of your vehicles battery and the speed of the charging point. Most drivers will not be filling up their battery whist at a supermarket but merely topping them up. A 50kw charger could afford around 100 mile range in around an hour but lots of factors to consider. On a type 2 with a 9kw battery ours takes around two hours to fully charge but have an ICE as back up so we don't tend to sputter anywhere.

Last edited:
Led to believe that a lot of Lidl charge points offer rapid charging and are run by Pod. Pod also run Tesco's charge points but mainly type 2 with 7kw draw for free. A typical charge depends on the size of your vehicles battery and the speed of the charging point. Most drivers will not be filling up their battery whist at a supermarket but merely topping them up. A 50kw charger could afford around 100 mile range in around an hour but lots of factors to consider. On a type 2 with a 9kw battery ours takes around two hours to fully charge but have an ICE as back up so we don't tend to sputter anywhere.
Not quite sure where you get your figures from. It is true that most people will not be fully Charging their cars at Tesco. type 2 chargers will only deliver about 45 miles in an hour. But the 50kw will deliver well over 100 miles. My car will have over 250 miles in that time. I only use these chargers as a top up as, like most people, I charge up overnight at home.

surely will depend on 2 things

1/ How flat your batteries are - the more power already used means the time to recharge will be longer
2/ The size of the queue.

Meanwhile the guy in the petrol or diesel vehicle just pulled in - filled up paid and drove off pissing his sides at them all in about 10 mins - he has stuff to do.

surely will depend on 2 things

1/ How flat your batteries are - the more power already used means the time to recharge will be longer
2/ The size of the queue.

Meanwhile the guy in the petrol or diesel vehicle just pulled in - filled up paid and drove off pissing his sides at them all in about 10 mins - he has stuff to do.
Very true but I fill up at home for a fraction of the price he paid.

I believe very much in climate change.

But, sorry to say - I bought a new Jeep Rubicon Wrangler recently.

Turns out that there are electric powered Jeep options available now... I didn't know this at the time of my purchase.

At any rate... availability of an electric vehicle to the design of my liking - read Jeep - is rather moot for me.

As a practical matter - I cannot purchase an electric vehicle. I'm retired, I live in a condo. There are not charging outlets in my condo.

Moreover, I like to take long trips from time to time - to remote destinations - to take week-long plus hikes.

All told - electric car infrastructure needs to be radically improved for me to consider purchase of such a car.

Which is a shame - because I'd gladly pay 20K more or so to be environmentally conscious.
===
Label me a hypocrite if you will.

But quite honestly it comes down to this - if the cost of going green far outstrips convenience/affordability - then some subset of those who wish to go green, will not do so.

Not quite sure where you get your figures from. It is true that most people will not be fully Charging their cars at Tesco. type 2 chargers will only deliver about 45 miles in an hour. But the 50kw will deliver well over 100 miles. My car will have over 250 miles in that time. I only use these chargers as a top up as, like most people, I charge up overnight at home.
Afternoon Fred. Figures quoted by pod and zap map. Not as easy as saying what a type 2 will deliver as its more to do with what each particular car is able to receive. I am restricted to type two, however I can only draw @3.5kwh regardless of the chargers capacity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.