Electric cars

We could even build it ourselves. A small, affordable run about with no bells and whistles. Range of 100 miles or so. That would do me and I suspect a lot of other people too. How hard can it be?
Get rid of electric windows, electric mirrors(who moves them once in position anyway) heated seats. Even sat nag shouldn’t be needed with modern phones these days.

Get rid of electric windows, electric mirrors(who moves them once in position anyway) heated seats. Even sat nag shouldn’t be needed with modern phones these days.
Makes me laugh when manufacturers, who are striving for range, load up the car with electric sapping kit.
Give us a simple car at a reasonable cost.

We will be using flying cars before everyone excepts this dreadful idea of thick cables causing trip hazards down every street. I’m sure I’m not the only one thinking in this way.

We will be using flying cars before everyone excepts this dreadful idea of thick cables causing trip hazards down every street. I’m sure I’m not the only one thinking in this way.
I think you might be.
People taking to the skies in flying cars, what could possibly go wrong, especially considering that a lot of drivers can't even drive a fucking simple contraption like a car properly. I can step over a cable, not sure I'd want to be at the mercy of some woman doing her make up, or some twat on the phone while at 1000 feet.

who moves them once in position anyway

Mechanics - just about every time I have had a car serviced I find the seat base has moved - the seat back angle is changed - the interior rear view mirror is different as is the drivers side window. Why? They take it for a 5 minute 1-2km test drive or sometimes just move it around a yard and in and out of a service bay yet set it up for themselves like they are driving Lands End to John O'Groats ffs

spoke to a lad today who I haven't seen during the pandemic - he is back out now with work and 2 months into a 2 year lease on an electric Kia Soul. His job involves travelling to various retail outlets within a radius of 50 miles to provide and set up promotional displays.

He hates it. Range anxiety is killing him - too many places have no charge points in North Yorkshire. He feels like a junkie addicted to electricity and the charge points are his dealers and he can't help but fret about where his next charge is coming from. There are too few fast charge points he says and charging at home would take forever but anyway he can't have a home charge point as he parks in the street - sometimes quite a way from his home due to lack of parking.

He is now also getting it in the neck off his line manager as he is getting complaints that the guy is often late for appointments and the boss is now saying he is slacking and hiding behind the "had to charge my EV " excuse. Thats also pissing him off because the business - who expect them to provide their own transport anyway - were interested for him to be a trail blazer for them to claim a more green approach to business.

ps - I met him when he was walking home from a local garage which has two of the only charge points in town where he had left his car to charge - he was going home for a couple of hours to have a brew and do some admin. He was thoroughly pissed off.

spoke to a lad today who I haven't seen during the pandemic - he is back out now with work and 2 months into a 2 year lease on an electric Kia Soul. His job involves travelling to various retail outlets within a radius of 50 miles to provide and set up promotional displays.

He hates it. Range anxiety is killing him - too many places have no charge points in North Yorkshire. He feels like a junkie addicted to electricity and the charge points are his dealers and he can't help but fret about where his next charge is coming from. There are too few fast charge points he says and charging at home would take forever but anyway he can't have a home charge point as he parks in the street - sometimes quite a way from his home due to lack of parking.

He is now also getting it in the neck off his line manager as he is getting complaints that the guy is often late for appointments and the boss is now saying he is slacking and hiding behind the "had to charge my EV " excuse. Thats also pissing him off because the business - who expect them to provide their own transport anyway - were interested for him to be a trail blazer for them to claim a more green approach to business.

ps - I met him when he was walking home from a local garage which has two of the only charge points in town where he had left his car to charge - he was going home for a couple of hours to have a brew and do some admin. He was thoroughly pissed off.
Surely there's some sort of log when he charges it? It's not like he's charging it for no reason.
His boss sounds like a twat, it's obvious that electric cars don't make a very good "reps car", when I was on the road I'd be doing 500 miles a day sometimes. No way would an ev be suitable.
We have to face facts, they're no way near good enough yet.

Obviously got the wrong car. That’s like a 6’ 10” guy who gets a Fiat 500 and then complains because it is to small.

Should have done his homework before getting it.

Obviously got the wrong car. That’s like a 6’ 10” guy who gets a Fiat 500 and then complains because it is to small.

Should have done his homework before getting it.
He's travelling within a 50 mile radius. Not too much to ask is it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.