Electric cars

Surely there's some sort of log when he charges it? It's not like he's charging it for no reason.
His boss sounds like a twat, it's obvious that electric cars don't make a very good "reps car", when I was on the road I'd be doing 500 miles a day sometimes. No way would an ev be suitable.
We have to face facts, they're no way near good enough yet.

I got the impression his boss is being a twat and the relationship between them is not good. I'd totally agree in their present guise with the current infrastructure they are not the answer - a lot of people who haven't got them convince themselves they would be ok with one but have yet to spend 90 minutes to half "fill" a car.

?? What has that to do with the total miles he drives in a day? Obviously didn’t do his homework on where he could charge it up.
That's the point though Fred, the fact that you have to do "homework" tells me all I need to know about evs and the current state of affairs regarding charging.
You're right though, he should have got a v8 mustang or similar. Much more suitable ;-)

That's the point though Fred, the fact that you have to do "homework" tells me all I need to know about evs and the current state of affairs regarding charging.
You're right though, he should have got a v8 mustang or similar. Much more suitable ;-)
Do you mean to say that you never, ever do any homework when you buy a car? Do you just go to a garage and say ‘I’ll have that one’?

spoke to a lad today who I haven't seen during the pandemic - he is back out now with work and 2 months into a 2 year lease on an electric Kia Soul. His job involves travelling to various retail outlets within a radius of 50 miles to provide and set up promotional displays.

He hates it. Range anxiety is killing him - too many places have no charge points in North Yorkshire. He feels like a junkie addicted to electricity and the charge points are his dealers and he can't help but fret about where his next charge is coming from. There are too few fast charge points he says and charging at home would take forever but anyway he can't have a home charge point as he parks in the street - sometimes quite a way from his home due to lack of parking.

He is now also getting it in the neck off his line manager as he is getting complaints that the guy is often late for appointments and the boss is now saying he is slacking and hiding behind the "had to charge my EV " excuse. Thats also pissing him off because the business - who expect them to provide their own transport anyway - were interested for him to be a trail blazer for them to claim a more green approach to business.

ps - I met him when he was walking home from a local garage which has two of the only charge points in town where he had left his car to charge - he was going home for a couple of hours to have a brew and do some admin. He was thoroughly pissed off.

Would he have still had the same issue if he had gone for a smaller car instead of an SUV?

If you have a home charging point then you've swum the channel but if your relying soley on recharging stations then it can occationally be fraught with worry. Range of 200 mile for your day to day ablutions is just fine and dandy and if you have to venture further afield for your jollies then it's easy enough to plan a stop of on route for a recharge over a pleasant cappodimonti and biscuit.

Our jallopy before we fooked it off was a Phev so effectively range was never an issue. I'm not seeing an increase in street charge points at the moment but so long as you have a home charger then it's no mither.

Our overall view after seven months use is that elecric cars are the way forward with the achiles heel being that they are currently cost prohbitive, but that should change with time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.