Electric cars

If you have a home charging point then you've swum the channel but if your relying soley on recharging stations then it can occationally be fraught with worry. Range of 200 mile for your day to day ablutions is just fine and dandy and if you have to venture further afield for your jollies then it's easy enough to plan a stop of on route for a recharge over a pleasant cappodimonti and biscuit.

Our jallopy before we fooked it off was a Phev so effectively range was never an issue. I'm not seeing an increase in street charge points at the moment but so long as you have a home charger then it's no mither.

Our overall view after seven months use is that elecric cars are the way forward with the achiles heel being that they are currently cost prohbitive, but that should change with time.
Nail hits head there double gun, as ever, a thought provoking and insightful post, based on real world experience.

A Soul is a small car

Yes but it's still an SUV style. If he doesn't have regular access to a fast charger then it is was a bit daft buying it because presumably he is doing quite a few trips a day to setup his promo kit. Not the same as people driving home to office and back again and having benefit of several hours charging.

Yes but it's still an SUV style. If he doesn't have regular access to a fast charger then it is was a bit daft buying it because presumably he is doing quite a few trips a day to setup his promo kit. Not the same as people driving home to office and back again and having benefit of several hours charging.
In this case, I think, no ev would be suitable.
I love the idea of an ev, I might even get a charging point put in on my property next year before the cost to install spirals upwards.
Sooner or later I'll get an ev I'm sure, but I'm not prepared to spunk 30k plus on a car that's no better than the one I currently own.

Its more like a Vauxhall Agila in size than a Vauxhall Crossthingy. You are confirming the pointy - its a commuter car being marketed to everyone as a way to save dosh - that shouldn't be the issue.

In this case, I think, no ev would be suitable.
I love the idea of an ev, I might even get a charging point put in on my property next year before the cost to install spirals upwards.
Sooner or later I'll get an ev I'm sure, but I'm not prepared to spunk 30k plus on a car that's no better than the one I currently own.

I'd agree - for many years I have advocated new builds shouldn't have a downstairs bog an en-suite and a family bathroom - if cost is the issue then a family bathroom is enough plus mandatory grey water capture to flush the bog and water the garden and solar on the roof. I am now thinking at least 1/3rd of new builds should have a built in fast charger to prepare for the future too

Its more like a Vauxhall Agila in size than a Vauxhall Crossthingy. You are confirming the pointy - its a commuter car being marketed to everyone as a way to save dosh - that shouldn't be the issue.

It’s not in the top 10 small EVs on the below list on a reputable website, and there aren't that many models around. There are ICE souls, might have been better to go with a car built and designed as an EV from ground up rather than "a conversion".

It’s not in the top 10 small EVs on the below list on a reputable website, and there aren't that many models around. There are ICE souls, might have been better to go with a car built and designed as an EV from ground up rather than "a conversion".

Yeah right so the issue is the disputed size of an EV not the infrastructure etc?

Seen something recently with just this. There are little battery chargers held in garden shed size chargers that are swapped free of charge (for now). This could be the next thing to get going. Great idea if there are enough of them

So the future is in garden shed's? When will the Spinning Jenny be released?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.