Electric cars

I’ve just heard about this, what are the actual charges if you already live in Greater Manchester , if you know ?
I think regardless its £10 whenever you activate a camera so pretty certain even if you live in GM you still pay. £10 per day.
i live literally 1/2 over the border in cheshire and 75% of my work is in GM so i reckon itll cost me £2k a year

I think regardless its £10 whenever you activate a camera so pretty certain even if you live in GM you still pay. £10 per day.
i live literally 1/2 over the border in cheshire and 75% of my work is in GM so i reckon itll cost me £2k a year
Thanks mate, I thought these ANPR’s popping up were just for road tax dodgers, how silly of me.

I’m starting to wonder if this is the start of some sort of stealth congestion charge for everyone in the future ?

Thanks mate, I thought these ANPR’s popping up were just for road tax dodgers, how silly of me.

I’m starting to wonder if this is the start of some sort of stealth congestion charge for everyone in the future ?
Its just a tax for now on the working man. They can sneak it through as its not affecting the majority of people but for van drivers its just another £2000+ a year out of my wage.

but … itll affect people when prices have to go up

But do you always have to then plan charging around a shopping trip or something?
I am lucky and live near a Super Charger and use that when low and need to 'fill up'. If I go to the supermarket, I hook up for a slow (but free) bit of charge (who wouldn't want free fuel). I went to Brighton away a few weeks ago, the charging stops on the motorway aligned with my bladder stops. The car is charging while I was getting on with my 'business' and getting a food and drink top up for myself. The motorway stops were no longer than normal. Compromises and planning has to be made but when its half the price of petrol and so much smoother drive, its worth it.

Last edited:
I've had my e-vivaro about a month now and it's great for us. Hasn't got a massive range, 140mls, but for our everyday life it's great. We charge it 2-3 times a week. We contacted our electric company and they put us on a plan that gives us cheap electric between 2am and 6am so that's when we charge it, it's on a timer to charge at those times. In those 4 hours it puts 100mls on the charge and according to our smart meter it costs £2.
The big issue is obviously long trips, we're going to Devon end of march and we reckon that will encompass 3 stops for charging (we normally stop once when we go) at least, maybe 4.
The other issue with motorway driving we have noticed that when we cruise between 50-60mph the battery if fine but if you drive faster, ie 70+ it really drains the battery. So the Devon journey I reckon will take at least 2 hours longer than normal.
Next summer will be a test also with all the day trips we like to do with the kids, majority will require a charge at some point of the day. As of right now there aren't enough charge points but hopefully more and more are to be added

I've had my e-vivaro about a month now and it's great for us. Hasn't got a massive range, 140mls, but for our everyday life it's great. We charge it 2-3 times a week. We contacted our electric company and they put us on a plan that gives us cheap electric between 2am and 6am so that's when we charge it, it's on a timer to charge at those times. In those 4 hours it puts 100mls on the charge and according to our smart meter it costs £2.
The big issue is obviously long trips, we're going to Devon end of march and we reckon that will encompass 3 stops for charging (we normally stop once when we go) at least, maybe 4.
The other issue with motorway driving we have noticed that when we cruise between 50-60mph the battery if fine but if you drive faster, ie 70+ it really drains the battery. So the Devon journey I reckon will take at least 2 hours longer than normal.
Next summer will be a test also with all the day trips we like to do with the kids, majority will require a charge at some point of the day. As of right now there aren't enough charge points but hopefully more and more are to be added
Great post in that you have highlighted both good, and not so good points about ev ownership. A realistic view, spoken from experience.

Get your EV charger now.
From April 2022, the EVHS will no longer be open to homeowners (including people with mortgages) who live in single-unit properties such as bungalows and detached, semi-detached or terraced housing.

Installations in single-unit properties need to be completed by 31 March 2022 and a claim submitted to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) by 30 April 2022.

The scheme will remain open to:

• homeowners who live in flats
  • people in rental accommodation (flats and single-use properties)
We will transition to a new digital service, details of which will be available in due course.

They didn’t point out the Renault Zoe has just become only the third car to ever get a zero rating in the ncap safety ratings.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.