Electric cars

I worked as a Tesla account manager (For Bosch) and we handled all the service centre installations for EMEA so I've been close to Tesla since 2013 (until I retired at the start of lockdown). I'm still devastated that I didn't buy some shares when I started working with them as some of the Tesla staff I worked with did very well indeed!!

Tesla always saw the Model Y as the game changer but there is possibly another version coming that is a budget offering and if they go through with that for around the £25k mark they'll clean up as long as their charging network can cope...

I drove a BMW i3s for 18 months and loved it though you have to plan journeys because of the range... I'd buy a Model 3/Y tomorrow to replace the Diesel ePace we have but SWMBO can't get her head around the fact that having £50k tied up in a car isn't dead money... You only lose what it depreciates... Does my nut in when the money is there and doing nothing in terms of generating interest
Yes, there are a few TSLA stock fanboys at work who are more than happy to tell you the millions they have made! My only coverage of TSLA is in MGK, and my big “miss” has been buying and selling AAPL so often!! Wife and kids have had it in their accounts and it’s done ridiculously well for them, so I joined the club last year and have enjoyed the experience to date!!

As for Teslas and depreciation, my November 2021 order has an October 2022 delivery date!! I’ve looked at used, but they’re MORE EXPENSIVE than the one I ordered! Crazy, I know!!

I waited for the long delivery date because I want an Austin 4680 Model Y (LR AWD), but when I saw Oct 22, I decided to pull the trigger before it got into 2023, as it has with the Model X, I believe.

If you’re looking for the next Tesla, Nio has tripled recently!

If you’re looking for the next “big idea,” take a look at INOQ or RGTI when it comes to market! That info is worth exactly what you paid for it!!

Talk to SWMBO all you want, but it’s the test drive that convinces hesitant adopters!

They are forcing people to have only EV's available to buy as new in part because of cost advantages and once they have trapped you they want to tax you to death - thats fair.
The problem with the current design of EV's is they are only ever going to be an interim solution. The finite supply of raw materials for the batteries is the absolute limiting factor unless they can come up with a viable and sustainable alternative.

The problem with the current design of EV's is they are only ever going to be an interim solution. The finite supply of raw materials for the batteries is the absolute limiting factor unless they can come up with a viable and sustainable alternative.

Plus the charging infrastructure is shite - they are not the answer in their current form but we are still rushing into the unsustainable

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.