Electric cars

Its funny listening to idiots so set against EV's that they spout nonsense arguments just to hide their own lack of knowledge. The guy in that video is a bellmont.

I particularly love the "well how do you recycle batteries when they die". What do you think happens when a ICE car gets scrapped? Hint, its not exactly simple to recycle. All of the car’s fuel, oils, oil filter, coolants, anti-freeze, and any other liquids that are deemed hazardous will be disposed not recycled, as any of these can contaminate the soil and pollute the water supply if not removed correctly. The catalytic converter will need to be extracted because it will have come into contact with many pollutants. Any switches that contain mercury chemicals will also be removed as well. The lead-acid battery, the car’s tyres, Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG) gas tanks are hazardous, air bags have the potential to explode because of the chemicals they contain in them – as are seat belt pre-tensioners, so these need to removed.

Also, "the manufacturers lie about the range" idiots. Car manufacturers have literally been found criminally guilty of lying about performance for years - but now your indignant about it!!

I just drove our VW ID3 the 180 miles with no issues - a 2.5 hour drive with zero worries about range. If we had had to stop we would have stopped for 10 minutes, grabbed a coffee and had a piss and that would have topped us up enough to get home. Granted for those (what like less than 10% at most) people who regularly do more than 200 miles in a single trip without stopping for lunch or overnight then EV's and the infrastructure aren't there yet. But for everyone else, where journey's are normally a reasonable (1 hour / 60 mile) commute to work and back each day then EV's work absolutely fine.

The charger network is growing daily, the speed they charge at is getting quicker and quicker, and a slight adjustment to journey times when on a particularly long journey is no real hardship, remember that you are supposed to take a 15 minute break every two hours of your journey anyway.

The real challenge is finding overnight charge for those without a drive way - that is a challenge that needs to be considered.

I'm not indignant about the manufacturers claims about range, I'm ambivalent at best.

I can confirm I'm an idiot though.

Its funny listening to idiots so set against EV's that they spout nonsense arguments just to hide their own lack of knowledge. The guy in that video is a bellmont.

I particularly love the "well how do you recycle batteries when they die". What do you think happens when a ICE car gets scrapped? Hint, its not exactly simple to recycle. All of the car’s fuel, oils, oil filter, coolants, anti-freeze, and any other liquids that are deemed hazardous will be disposed not recycled, as any of these can contaminate the soil and pollute the water supply if not removed correctly. The catalytic converter will need to be extracted because it will have come into contact with many pollutants. Any switches that contain mercury chemicals will also be removed as well. The lead-acid battery, the car’s tyres, Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG) gas tanks are hazardous, air bags have the potential to explode because of the chemicals they contain in them – as are seat belt pre-tensioners, so these need to removed.

Also, "the manufacturers lie about the range" idiots. Car manufacturers have literally been found criminally guilty of lying about performance for years - but now your indignant about it!!

I just drove our VW ID3 the 180 miles with no issues - a 2.5 hour drive with zero worries about range. If we had had to stop we would have stopped for 10 minutes, grabbed a coffee and had a piss and that would have topped us up enough to get home. Granted for those (what like less than 10% at most) people who regularly do more than 200 miles in a single trip without stopping for lunch or overnight then EV's and the infrastructure aren't there yet. But for everyone else, where journey's are normally a reasonable (1 hour / 60 mile) commute to work and back each day then EV's work absolutely fine.

The charger network is growing daily, the speed they charge at is getting quicker and quicker, and a slight adjustment to journey times when on a particularly long journey is no real hardship, remember that you are supposed to take a 15 minute break every two hours of your journey anyway.

The real challenge is finding overnight charge for those without a drive way - that is a challenge that needs to be considered.
Was thinking about that today. I you live in a terraced house with no drive do you put a charging cable across the pavement so some litigious twat falls over it and drags you through the court or some twonk pulls it out. There are phone chargers that have no wires and you just rest your phone on or v close to it so couldn't that same technology by used by putting underground cables ( or whatever ) in the road outside your house, you simply park over them/it. I've not really thought this through and there will be a lot of pros and cons but you get the idea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.