Electric/Hybrid Cars

OK, seems reasonable but....then what ??, the batteries need replacing or you flog it to some poor unsuspecting punter, is the car a write off ??

Batteries need replacing or its scrapped mate and the cost of the batteries will make your eyes water.

I guess every house is going to have a charging point? Forgetting to charge your car overnight is gonna be a fucker late for work lol

OK, seems reasonable but....then what ??, the batteries need replacing or you flog it to some poor unsuspecting punter, is the car a write off ??
Most now have a warranty of 8 years or 100,000 miles but it should last longer.. Then it needs replacing its estimated that prices will come down in the next 10 years but currently a Nissan leaf one is about £5000 .

nice if you leave on the 11th floor of a tower block - gonna need quite a few extension leads
I just can't see this working the infrastructure to put it in place without disrupting people's day to day lives. I mean charging your car for 2 hours but you can fill your car up in 5minutes

The fact that there just isn't that many places on earth that have the metals required such as Cobalt, Zinc and Lithium to produce all these batteries, ie it is very doubtful whether there is enough metal resouces

Thats the other issue - never mind producing enough 'leccy through the plugs its doubtful we will be able to produce the batteries needed before too long. It smacks of Govt's getting it in the neck over globals warming and saying " we need to do something" then car makers saying " look -- this is something" and so they all nailed their flag to the wrong mast. Just like power generation I think the true answer is multi-layered with a number of answers including internal combustion, hybrid, pure EV , hydrogen cell thus allowing users to pick what suits their need.

I just can't see this working the infrastructure to put it in place without disrupting people's day to day lives. I mean charging your car for 2 hours but you can fill your car up in 5minutes

I have said this all along. Imagine the impact on moving goods around......vans and lorries with restricted range and massive down time recharging batteries.

I have said this all along. Imagine the impact on moving goods around......vans and lorries with restricted range and massive down time recharging batteries.
Yeah like you said best do away with diesel then have a mix of combustible engines and electric

I know I've asked this before but the powers that be on BM are failing me....What is the average life of these batteries assuming average (12k per annum ) mileage ?, how much are they to replace ? and what effect does this have on 2nd hand value of said cars ??

Most experts will tell you an average of 15-17 years depending on the make and other factors.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.