Electricians---help!

rushts

If Man is 5, and the Devil is 6, then God is 7.
I have bought some 'deck lights'..

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-x-60mm-LED-Lights-Deck-Decking-Plinth-Kickboard-Recessed-Kitchen-7-Colours-/251279540842?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item3a816d826a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-x-60mm-LED ... 3a816d826a</a>

I want to wire these to my kick board/plinth in my bathroom. Now i don't just want to have them plugged in, i want them wired into the mains on a switch. Looking at them, is it just a case of connecting them up, snipping the plug off and wiring them to a transformer fed from a switched spur unit??

Any help much appreciated. :-)

you need a qualified electrician - because idiots kept blowing themselves up or electrocuting themselves, us mere mortals are no longer allowed to 'play' with the wiring in a bathroom or kitchen ... unless we have ten year old reels of black and red left over that is ;-)

Only a 2nd year apprenticeship so can only give some advice, ive had a look at the item and if you want to connect them to the mains through a switch you are going to need a new lighting circuit in your mains board from a 20amp type b breaker, i don't think u need the transformer so could wire a permanant live from the board to a switch a neutral from the board to the first light and then a switch wire from the light to your switch, normally lighting is wired in 1.5 mm, not sure what size cables these have as it doesn't seem to mention it on the ebay page, dont know if this helps mate

bluemooncol said:
Only a 2nd year apprenticeship so can only give some advice, ive had a look at the item and if you want to connect them to the mains through a switch you are going to need a new lighting circuit in your mains board from a 20amp type b breaker, i don't think u need the transformer so could wire a permanant live from the board to a switch a neutral from the board to the first light and then a switch wire from the light to your switch, normally lighting is wired in 1.5 mm, not sure what size cables these have as it doesn't seem to mention it on the ebay page, dont know if this helps mate
....but it certainly sounds impressive to me

rushts said:
I have bought some 'deck lights'..

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-x-60mm-LED-Lights-Deck-Decking-Plinth-Kickboard-Recessed-Kitchen-7-Colours-/251279540842?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item3a816d826a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-x-60mm-LED ... 3a816d826a</a>

I want to wire these to my kick board/plinth in my bathroom. Now i don't just want to have them plugged in, i want them wired into the mains on a switch. Looking at them, is it just a case of connecting them up, snipping the plug off and wiring them to a transformer fed from a switched spur unit??

Any help much appreciated. :-)

You could do what you said. Just make sure you downgrade the fuse in the spur. Or just get a spark to do it.

Noat being mean to the apprentice, but you need the transformer. Put 230 through them and youll be back on eBay sooner than you know it!

Buy a remote control socket and
Plug in the transformer /driver use the remote to switch on/off

bluemooncol said:
a 6 amp mcb my friend. 20 amp mcb too big. not protecting the 1.5 mm cable.

jayblue said:
bluemooncol said:
a 6 amp mcb my friend. 20 amp mcb too big. not protecting the 1.5 mm cable.
He wasn't there the day they did that , you meanie.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.