Eleven Sports

Tbh, deals like the facebook one with La Liga, show how far behind England and the PL/EFL are in terms of embracing technology to allow fans to watch their own teams constantly.
It will happen eventually. Sky make money through their current system and unfortunately nobody has had the nerve to go toe to toe with them
I see Amazon's foray into the market a sign of things to come and eventually change the way we watch football forever

Can't wait for football to catch up with baseball. MLBtv is something like $150 for a year and that lets you stream every "out of market" game, for all 30 teams (that's 2430 games a year, plus postseason games) , with choice of home, away and Spanish broadcast, or listening on radio, that can be streamed on your phone, laptop, ps4 etc etc etc. It's pretty much the perfect service.

But who wants that when you can rip off fans instead by letting them barely watch a quarter of the games each week and force them to get two different , extortionately expensive, subscriptions for the privilege?

That's what I don't get about the morons who brag about how much revenue their club makes. It' your money you're bragging about them taking ffs

I hate the time delay when streaming, I know TV is a few seconds out but I watch BT sport on the app and its a good 60-90 seconds behind.

I hate the time delay when streaming, I know TV is a few seconds out but I watch BT sport on the app and its a good 60-90 seconds behind.
Why does it make a difference? Unless you're watching your social media instead of the match?

This will improve as IPTV technology gets better.
For example I timed my IPTV service and found that my sky sports news channel is about 40 seconds behind, this isn't too bad and is of course a pirate service. It will come good soon enough

Why does it make a difference? Unless you're watching your social media instead of the match?
Because in my head I know its behind and I want to know how we are doing right away its just a weird thing. For example I cant get my head around people who record the match and then watch it without knowing the score that would drive me insane!

Can't wait for football to catch up with baseball. MLBtv is something like $150 for a year and that lets you stream every "out of market" game, for all 30 teams (that's 2430 games a year, plus postseason games) , with choice of home, away and Spanish broadcast, or listening on radio, that can be streamed on your phone, laptop, ps4 etc etc etc. It's pretty much the perfect service.

But who wants that when you can rip off fans instead by letting them barely watch a quarter of the games each week and force them to get two different , extortionately expensive, subscriptions for the privilege?

That's what I don't get about the morons who brag about how much revenue their club makes. It' your money you're bragging about them taking ffs
Does this have an effect on attendance?

As people probably know, Eleven Sports have won the rights to the Italian and Spanish leagues, amongst others - an annual pass is £49.99 but they do not have a TV station, it is a 100% streaming service whether. Apparently they are showing the 'big' game each week from Italy and Spain free on Facebook

What are people's thoughts? Anyone subscribed, anyone thinking of doing so?
Its a brilliant price and if or her networks eventually follow suit. It's the only way I see people will be prepared to continue to pay networks to watch footy in the long term.

Does this have an effect on attendance?
Not really, as they have blackout restrictions on local games (which are aired on local tv networks generally). Baseball attendances generally aren't that high though, as you'd expect from a game where you have 81 home games a year, many during the day on weekdays. Not convinced attendances are hugely influenced by games being on tv anyway tbh, it's not like no one turns up to the PL games that are shown on tv

Signed up already.

Cheap as chips.

The best thing about is for me is that they will have the matches available to watch for 24 hours on demand. Do shift work and often at the weekend, so i miss loads of games i want to watch. Can't wait for this to happen in English football.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.