Eliaquim Mangala - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would he get constantly skinned like Otamendi against Salah? Doubt it.

I've nothing against Mangala and hope he does well whenever he plays for us. I don't think yesterday was a test of his ball playing skills though Liverpool were down to 10 men and fairly tired when Mangala was on and they didn't press our back line at all. The time I fear for his ball playing skills is when pressed. Anyone playing football in the premier league can pass competently when not under pressure.

I think the year away has built up his confidence a lot I just hope the games he plays in and he will play in a few that he shows his skills to the best. I have faith in him to do well this year in the team. Only 26 I feel he has a lot to give to the club and once fully settled in again he could be a major part of the team if we continue with the 3 centre backs this season. I can see him playing in the West Brom league cup game and then a few more games after that. I just think Pep might drop Otamendi to the bench to make him up his game more.

Well, I'll get it started. Beginning of the second half, he looks up, no idea what he sees, and thumps it all the way down the park; there was nobody within thirty yards of where the ball went. Odd thing is, he was actually doing alright up to that point. :-)

Well, I'll get it started. Beginning of the second half, he looks up, no idea what he sees, and thumps it all the way down the park; there was nobody within thirty yards of where the ball went. Odd thing is, he was actually doing alright up to that point. :-)

Lacks composure on the ball and that is a killer for any player in a Pep team. Everything he does just looks like panic stations. Where I feel sorry for him a bit, is that he will inevitably play when we are at our weakest.

He made the first goal possible with his lovely switch. Something that our defenders don't really do too often and it is sometimes a shame. Not that it's a regular thing with Mangala but his vision is actually spot on. Trouble is when he's under a bit of pressure, he can't really turn his body quickly enough and just isn't accurate or clever enough. Anyway, he did ok I think, the fact we were all over the place in the second half didn't help any of our defenders but they weren't at fault.

As a 4th choice CB, Mangala is good enough.

I know he didn't have great game today, but he was better than Jonny Evans.

He made the first goal possible with his lovely switch. Something that our defenders don't really do too often and it is sometimes a shame. Not that it's a regular thing with Mangala but his vision is actually spot on. Trouble is when he's under a bit of pressure, he can't really turn his body quickly enough and just isn't accurate or clever enough. Anyway, he did ok I think, the fact we were all over the place in the second half didn't help any of our defenders but they weren't at fault.
This

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.