Eliaquim Mangala - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you elaborate as to how you think Mangala would complement Stones playing a Pep style coz I am not seeing it.
Mangala is fast, can risk an early interception, is a beast and can handle the big strikers, while Stones has a footballer brain, can see things, organize and cover for Mangala. Which he could not last year.

Mangala is fast, can risk an early interception, is a beast and can handle the big strikers, while Stones has a footballer brain, can see things, organize and cover for Mangala. Which he could not last year.

Well despite the opinion of some on here, Pep clearly thinks he has a role to play this season:
Pep: "We need Vincent and Manga at a high level to give rest - John and Ota can't play every game for the remaining 8 months, impossible."
First name used for star players, nickname for back up players????
CTID

Good defender, poor footballer. Just had a bad game like everyone not named Bravo or Ilkay. But at the core that is what he is. A good defender, but poor footballer.

Never thought we can make that work. But who knows, perhaps we can.

You just need to ask Delph that if you asked me which side he would have been on against WBA in a the weekend over the summer then it wouldn't have been ours.

But what about when he has the ball and is expected to play it with composure?
I saw him play for Valencia and he was not that bad.. I think here he is trying to hard, he needs to relax a little. But for a fourth choise CB his passing abilities are preety good.
I don't know if you remember, but when we bought him we two had an argument about it: I said he is not good enough, you said he is perfect for PL. Remember? That beeing said, he is our player, I like his interviews and I want him to stay.

Well despite the opinion of some on here, Pep clearly thinks he has a role to play this season:
Pep: "We need Vincent and Manga at a high level to give rest - John and Ota can't play every game for the remaining 8 months, impossible."
First name used for star players, nickname for back up players????
CTID
I said in the begining of the season that Delph, Mangala and Fernandinho (last season was not his best) are going to make a big difference for us. We need all the players if we are to win CL and PL. And we will.

I saw him play for Valencia and he was not that bad.. I think here he is trying to hard, he needs to relax a little. But for a fourth choise CB his passing abilities are preety good.
I don't know if you remember, but when we bought him we two had an argument about it: I said he is not good enough, you said he is perfect for PL. Remember? That beeing said, he is our player, I like his interviews and I want him to stay.
At the time of purchase he was good for us insofar of our style. We have moved on from that and, whilst I rate Mangala as a player and a pro, he is no longer suited to us and I dont see him getting many opportunities going forward. I wish him well no matter where he plays

At the time of purchase he was good for us insofar of our style. We have moved on from that and, whilst I rate Mangala as a player and a pro, he is no longer suited to us and I dont see him getting many opportunities going forward. I wish him well no matter where he plays
You're right, our style changed, but a good defender (Kompany) is a good defender no matter what. All I am saying is that Mangala seems to be ok with beeing the 4th choise. Do you think we can do better than him? Keeping a good CB happy for beeing a 4th choise?

Even at the time of purchase, he wasn't. I argued till I was hoarse. At Porto his peak looked like Sahko at Liverpool. I mean I get I was on the Ball playing CB rant 5 years before most of our fans joined the boat, but by Mangala's purchase we were well on the way twds that idea. The Barca boys were already running things.

Anyway, wish him the best but i don't know how it would work out. Hope he helps us win something and enjoy his time here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.