Eliaquim Mangala - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant fault his performance today , hes only played against Wolves and he had two rookie defenders in Adebaiyo and Zinchenko either side of him , he looks very capable with good players around him , would rest Vinny for Feyenoord give him time to recover and play Mangala and Otto in the middle.

Bambi on ice needs to prove the doubters wrong.
he will have 5 games before meeting with rags.

I thought he did alright. Played some good passes out of defence. Hit two dodgy ones mind which will receive more focus but he did a lot f good things too.

Cant fault his performance today , hes only played against Wolves and he had two rookie defenders in Adebaiyo and Zinchenko either side of him , he looks very capable with good players around him , would rest Vinny for Feyenoord give him time to recover and play Mangala and Otto in the middle.

rookie players which is playing better than him.
Mangala is not a young player anymore.
In his age, he's the one should lead, protect and guide rookie players, not otherwise.

Some on here will never give Mangala any credit but I do hope the match going fans really get behind him when he's picked, that's what he needs not pelters for the slightest lapse. I think we will see a different player if he gets a good run of games going, he's a confidence player you can tell when a mistake is coming before it happens in his body language, that points to it being mental rather than a lack of skill.

I would have preferred to let Tosin have some games if Stones is out for 6 weeks because his passing seems to have really come on leaps and bounds(training with the team every day was bound to improve him) but I suppose Pep feels Mangala's physicality and athleticism is more of an asset to the team at the moment. He's got a good performance under his belt now, something to build his confidence up with, lets not spoil it for him with unnecessary negativity and pessimism.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.