Eliaquim Mangala (on loan to Everton)

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by burning blue soul, 1 Feb 2018.

1. City health warning

City health warning

Well done fully Mangala fully deserves it.

Last edited: 16 Mar 2018
  2. schfc6

schfc6

Hopefully he'll be getting a league winner medal too.

3. Cobwebcat

Cobwebcat

If I could ask the City hierarchy one question it would be what persuaded us to spend money on this lad, what did we see? Particularly that we have been really good at spotting talent recently.

4. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Its bizarre given his displays,although i will confess to thinking he looked the real deal whenever i saw him.

In reality,he's lower level Prem centre half at best.In fact i watched the QPR game yesterday,and Nedum looked his equal.

5. Cobwebcat

Cobwebcat

When we were lnked with him I started to watch him, as you do. After a while my wife said what I was thinking but didn’t want to say.....”He’s got to be the worst player I’ve seen in ages, he’s all over the shop are you sure that’s him?!”

6. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Get her to update her CV :-)

7. Cobwebcat

Cobwebcat

You might have something there....she also pointed out VVD at Celtic and Suarez at Ajax.

8. Rolee

Rolee

The same thing United and Chelsea scouts saw, also the same thing that saw him capped for France. I watched a few times at Porto, a bit hit and miss, some imperious displays that were impressive for his age but some proper brainfarts too. He hasn't progressed at all but did look like he had something about him at one stage, sometimes it just doesn't work out, unfortunately for us we took the chance on him and it blew up in our faces.

9. Bpughh

Bpughh

Hardly blew up in our face. Made some errors but really was never as poor as people say. If he signed for Mourinho and got some confidence relying on his strengths, could've had a diff career. Think he would've settled well at Everton if given time. Good level for him.

10. Ricster

Ricster

Hopefully none of those scouts have anything more to do with the club.

Many on here were vocal at the time and it was quite worrying to see fans scout amazing tapents but those getting paid to do a job were absolute garbage.

Not Mangas fault but really just want rid now.