Emergency keeper loan / Hart / Brum [All merged]

Re: SSN: City make formal request for emergency keeper loan

I can see it now: permission granted, James comes in and saves penalties in each of our three victories to propel us into the Champions League. Spurs launch legal action ouirselves and the Premier League and we are sunbsequently fined £1 billion and banned from all football for 5 years.

If the info posted on the OS is correct, we should be allowed to bring someone in to sit on the bench while Gunnar plays and that's all.

Noo... I want Gunnar! But I am a little unsure of this random, Lithuanian sounding bloke incase Nielsen gets injured or sent off...

really dont know how these things work,dunno if we can get a player like james who is starting for a prem team at the moment???

I want Neilson =(

This club is fantastic.

Just when you thought you've seen it all City come up with another way to stress the chuff out of you.

Spindash said:

Weaver or Kasp, to be honest i am ok with Gunnar though we dont have a reserve, it's that that might get us a loan for 3 games

I can see a disaster happening.

Either:

1) The Premier League turn down the request and we have to stick with Gunnar whose confidence is now low because he feels the manager has no faith in him. He hesitates at a crucial moment and we concede a crucial goal.

OR

2) James comes in and makes a trademark howler at a key moment which costs us.

OR

3) James comes in and gets injured leaving us back to square one. Let's face it, his fitness has not been reliable this season

We have a goalkeeper who trains with the team every day. He knows the defence and will have a level of understanding with them that a new signing wouldn't have.

Forward with Gunnar!

larderland said:
really dont know how these things work,dunno if we can get a player like james who is starting for a prem team at the moment???

I don't know how it works, but Pompey are desperate for money so guessing if we're granted permission they wouldn't put up too much resistance. What he wants to do is up for him but guessing it wouldn't do his World Cup chances any harm. Only concern is if we get James he's been picking up loads of injuries this year, could he play three games on the bounce in quick succession? It'd be a real pain to get him, then he's injured for a game so we end up having to take a chance on Gunnar anyway.

*Gunnar might be really good, and if we do have to play him hopefully he will be but at this stage of the season its a huge risk*

johnny on the spot said:
C_T_I_D said:
I want Nielsen =(

Me and all, mate. It'd be a brilliant story if he has 3 blinders.

And sht if he makes just one major mistake. How can people put faith in a completely unknown goalkeeper at such a massive stage of the season. Look at some of the goalies that have come in or on in recent weeks. Maik Taylor - concedes 5. Begovic yesterday - concedes 7. Disruption like this with second rate replacements hits defences hard. We cannot flippantly risk Gunnar. Only James, Hart, Dudek or possibly Foster (if totally desperate) will do.

As for having to keep the emergency on the bench, thats nonsense. Totally unenforceable.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.