Emirates Old Trafford

Why are they holding concerts in the middle of the cricket season ?

Would have thought you would want the out field and square in the best condition possible.

It is an outside venue so winter doesn't work. They have never helped the cricket side but stopped the club making losses and gave 6 figure profits when they started.

Presumably they put matting down on the square.
That is part of the issue, the stage used to cover the square when these started, then they used the whole pitch. It wasn't too bad in the early days.

When I saw the thread title, I thought that the rags had found a ground sponsor!
Before I clicked it open, I wondered if our glorious media would consider it "sportswashing", but dismissed it immediately as they play in red.
I'd completely forgotten that Lanky were sponsored by them - the last time I went to the real Old Trafford, Clive Lloyd was playing!

Is it still the old tram stop there or have they expanded it to accomodate large crowds?

It has been expanded, it’s a lot easier to get away from the swamp and the cricket ground than it is the Etihad. They do now have the luxury of two tram lines in close proximity now with the new line to the Trafford centre.

I was there for RHCP concert and the venue staff outside the gates were rude and ignorant. Inside it was a little better until the farce with A$AP Rocky running late and coming on last - those of us not bothered about seeing him had to try and get out while others were pushing forward to get to the front of the stage. It got really cramped and scary for a while.

It has been expanded, it’s a lot easier to get away from the swamp and the cricket ground than it is the Etihad. They do now have the luxury of two tram lines in close proximity now with the new line to the Trafford centre.
Ta. Always struck me as odd that the station with the biggest crowds had a poxy little gate for all to get through.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.