Empty Executive Boxes

W W

worsleyweb

Yesterday I was sat in the Colin Bell Stand and looking across there were no more than 30 people sat in total in the executive boxes opposite. I have asked the club before and they say they are all sold but why are they always empty. They are not cheap and even if they are sold to huge companies like Etihad or other major sponsors you would think they would use the spaces? Anyone any the wiser?

Yesterday I was sat in the Colin Bell Stand and looking across there were no more than 30 people sat in total in the executive boxes opposite. I have asked the club before and they say they are all sold but why are they always empty. They are not cheap and even if they are sold to huge companies like Etihad or other major sponsors you would think they would use the spaces? Anyone any the wiser?
Our lot have one in Lansdowne Road, there's fights for seats every 6 nations game but only 2 of us ever use it for tests and football games, unless we've visitors coinciding with a game. Those boxes are usually bought as statements, not to be constantly used.

Belong to sponsors, corporates, players, etc. As said above, there's no demand for them at games like Huddersfield as people connected to these third parties aren't 'real' City fans.

They only want to watch games against the top 6 in the PL and big cup matches (CL KO stages and QF onwards in English comps).

Could be nice PR for the corporates that own them to do giveaways for fans to win match experiences. The main difficulty for them is having internal resource to run and manage the competition to make sure they're a success. I imagine it's pretty time consuming for something relatively straightforward.

After the liverpool CL game last year it felt like those boxes were an additional away end. So so many fights.

they are always empty like that. they are given to tourists/companies and away fans most of the time. we do not have the corporate fan base to fill them all. its so frustrating as well when you can't get tickets only to see a load of empty seats.

the same happens in the 'family stand' - seats are given to youth teams/ tourists. a complete waste of time and it actually stops city fans from getting tickets. it would be much better full - like the north stand used to be.

I remember the ‘executive’ boxes in the kippax. One particular game Murtaz Shelia and Kakhabar Tschadadze were there, suited and booted, drinking fine wine, each with a stunning woman hanging off their arm. They looked like kings! Kings I tell you!

Wonder what they’re up to now??

There's 30 of them sold to players and staff every season, so if they are empty it's because the players aren't using them.

I remember the ‘executive’ boxes in the kippax. One particular game Murtaz Shelia and Kakhabar Tschadadze were there, suited and booted, drinking fine wine, each with a stunning woman hanging off their arm. They looked like kings! Kings I tell you!

Wonder what they’re up to now??

Club gave us free use of one of those for over half a season, my brother in law had CJD and it was getting horrendous for him to try and watch games, so they gave us one box with meals and drinks thrown in then a free box without the food and and drink until he sadly passed away in 1996, fucking great gesture by the club and one i'll never ever forget.

Club gave us free use of one of those for over half a season, my brother in law had CJD and it was getting horrendous for him to try and watch games, so they gave us one box with meals and drinks thrown in then a free box without the food and and drink until he sadly passed away in 1996, fucking great gesture by the club and one i'll never ever forget.
That really is great. Sorry about your brother, pal.

I used to sit on the back row of the second tier, the only game the box behind me had people in was the derby and they were all united, there was city fans climbing over the wall to get at them with stewards having to drag them back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.