Empty seats on telly suggestion

Manchester_lalala said:
Why let it worry you so much, are scared of what people say about the empty seats. I couldn't give a toss weather we had 20000 empty seats.

We could have 45000 empty seats, I'd still be there! Come to think of it, could we give it a try, I was right fucked up Ashton Road after the match on the way to Ikea yesterday!

I haven't read through the thread but i have a suggestion. It might be a bad idea, and one that has no immediate financial benefit to the club, but they could look at how loyalty/City points are awarded, meaning people receive some for buying a ticket, then a further amount for actually going to the game (if not them then somebody else).

A second idea might be for the club to be more transparent about how tickets are resold via secondary markets and about who gets prime tickets for the biggest games. Cut Viagogo out, resell unused season tickets seats to fans who want them, without a markup, but with the club taking any processing fee necessary from the seller.

The fact that there's a pretty hefty backlog of fans wanting season tickets, but swathes of empty seats at some games is a worry. Obviously it doesn't matter what fans of other clubs think, but there's clearly demand for seats which aren't being used. Clearly there are other factors such as late time changes, too many televised games, kick-offs too early for fans who don't live locally, too many games generally, but it'd be great if the club was a bit more proactive in sorting these issues out.

Kippaxman said:
I'm lucky enough to be able to afford me & my kids attend every home game. The shite received from utd fans rattling on about the stadium being empty doesn't bother me as they don't fill their ground either & if thats all they have to grasp at then we're doing very well but....I have mentioned on surveys & forums my concern when the new stand is open. Then there will be a gaping hole on cup nights midweek against lower league opposition. Even more so when the other half of the expansion is complete. The Sheik is obviously looking light years ahead when we are basking in European & maybe Barca-esque world dominance that the stadium will be bursting at the seams but in the meantime make sure YOU turn up, don't worry about the empty seats, we're a local club at the minute supported by an ever faithful 35-40,000 fans & I bet I'm not the only old blue who is watching the best football I have ever seen & luvin every minute of it.

35,000 empty seats yesterday and another 55,000 midweek. Perhaps you should revise your post.

I suggest you watch the game not empty seats.

Funnily enough City were showing some old footage of City V Palace games before the match and one showed the OLD North stand...yeah HALF EMPTY.

Empty seats or even standing areas is NOWT new.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRN0PBxOOBM[/video]

The 28th of Dec will be hammered at our place, yesterday was never going to be fully attended with the kick-off time and the date so near to Christmas.

The rags fill their plastic seats with plastic fans and even that seems more fewer nowadays.

I know what I'd rather sit next to.

blueinnewzealand said:
Fanny Fart said:
Our group had THREE spare tickets yday and we couldn't give them away!

Give us a shout next time you have some. Always looking for tickets.

There are still touts about who take tickets too................some of the lads from years ago are still at it

nobody can eat fifty eggs said:
The 28th of Dec will be hammered at our place, yesterday was never going to be fully attended with the kick-off time and the date so near to Christmas.

The rags fill their plastic seats with plastic fans and even that seems more fewer nowadays.

I know what I'd rather sit next to.

So do we and have done for a while now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.