Emyr Huws

<a class="postlink" href="http://youtu.be/3sq5xW3u0zY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://youtu.be/3sq5xW3u0zY</a>

Nice compilation of Emyr Huws against AC Milan

Just signed a new two-year deal.

<a class="postlink" href="http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2014/August/Emyr-Huws-signs-new-contract-and-joins-Wigan-on-loan" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/2014/A ... an-on-loan</a>

Emyr Huws signed a new two-year contract with City and has joined Wigan on loan until January.

The Welsh international has signed a deal which will keep him at the Etihad Stadium until 2016.

Huws, who has turned in a few eye-catching cameos for the Premier League champions in pre-season, joins Uwe Rosler’s side until the turn of the year.

Head of City EDS, Patrick Vieira said: “I’m really pleased that Emyr is going to continue his development as a player under a manager who knows City so well. Uwe knows perfectly how the club works and how we like to play.

“Emyr is a great talent of this club which he proved on loan at Birmingham City last year – he showed that he can play at Championship level but this time it will be a different challenge.

“Whereas last year, he was fighting against relegation with Birmingham, this time he’s going to a club expecting to win and aiming to win promotion, so I’m really pleased he’s both agreed to stay on at City until 2016 and that he’s taken this opportunity Wigan have offered him.”

Emyr made his competitive senior debut for City in last season’s FA Cup win over Blackburn Rovers in January 2014, before he joined Birmingham City on loan for the rest of the season at the end of the same month.

He was an immediate hit at St Andrews, winning the club’s Player of the Month award in his first full month at the club.

His crashing strike against Middlesbrough, one of two long-rangers he scored for the Midlands outfit, was voted by Birmingham supporters as their Goal of the Season.

Huws links up with Rosler, one of the most revered players in City’s recent history, and the former German striker is sure that the Llanelli-born midfielder will be a big hit at the DW Stadium.

Rosler said: “City are looking for Emyr to develop and as we have demonstrated in the past, top young players are able to come to us and improve, both on the field with regular playing time, but also off the field in terms of absorbing our first team training culture and discipline and helping them to improve every facet of their professional life.”

Emyr’s season at Wigan will be his third loan spell – in his first, he spent three months at Northampton Town during the 2012/13 campaign.

He played 13 times for the Cobblers and earned the plaudits of then-manager Aidy Boothroyd for his accomplished displays in League One.

The 20-year old represented his country at u17, u19 and u21 level before receiving his first senior call-up for a friendly against Finland at in November 2013.

He didn’t play on that occasion but he didn’t have to wait long to win his first full cap, coming on as a substitute in a 3-1 win over Iceland in February.

The former City Elite Development Squad captain won his second cap in their next game, a 2-0 defeat at the hands of the Netherlands, although his performance was well received by the Welsh media and fans alike.

We’ll keep you up to date with how Emyr gets on in the Championship next season here on the official site in our weekly Loan Watch feature which will kick off at the start of the 2014/15 campaign.

Great news.

I have high hopes for Emry and it seems the hierarchy at City does too.

He should have a much better time at Wigan than he had at Birmingham too. Uwe's side will hopefully be chasing promotion and der Bomber's teams play great football.

Good luck, Emry. I hope you come back in January and take Frank's place in the senior squad.

Yep,congratulations Emyr.

He has a chance I believe and who better than Uwe for inspiration and confidence.

At the very worst he will command a decent transfer fee if he doesn't progress to the level we require,which I pbviously hope he does!

Best of luck Emyr!!

depps said:
Falastur said:
bluechampion7891 said:
Thanks a lot for your detailed reply.

One last thing; not sure it belongs in this thread but as long as we are on loans:
To be qualified as a HG Club trained, you need to be at the club for 3 years before you turn 21 or in the year you turn 21. But in the case of e.g. Rekik who I think spent only a year at City before being sent out on loans, will he quality as HG. That is, can you have a player say at 17, loan him directly for 3 years, would he qualify as HG club trained?

Honestly that's something I've never really considered. I think the answer is "no" though, as the Premier League's website does not list him as HG.

I'm pretty sure the answer is yes. You have to be 'registered' at a club for 3 year, not physically at the club as far as I'm aware.

Rekik will only hit that 3 year mark sometime this summer which is why he isn't down as homegrown for last season

Sorry for dragging this out, but since it was being discussed in this thread; according to this: <a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2014/08/08/4677159/celtics-lucky-reprieve-arsenals-miyaichi-gaffe-and-footballs?ICID=HP_BN_3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editor ... ID=HP_BN_3</a>
"As the 21-year-old had been at the club for over three years and was the right age, the Gunners had assumed that he did not have to be registered. But, due to his loan spells at Feyenoord, Wigan and Bolton, he had not spent the necessary time at the club to qualify. As a result, Arsene Wenger had only six of his seven substitutes at his disposal due to the clerical error."

So I guess loan spells do not count, which means that the player has to be at the club for 3 years to count as HG CT.

A Home Grown player will be defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

Loans count as registered with the parent club, Goal is wrong.

Damocles said:
A Home Grown player will be defined as one who, irrespective of his nationality or age, has been registered with any club affiliated to the Football Association or the Football Association of Wales for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons or 36 months prior to his 21st birthday (or the end of the season during which he turns 21).

Loans count as registered with the parent club, Goal is wrong.

HG club trained, as defined by UEFA, not the FA, for which it needs to be Association trained.

Edit: not saying goal is right, but to be unregistered as an U21 in UEFA, you need to spend at least 2 years at the club b4 turning 21.

Simply Stuart ‏@oSimplyStuart · 12m
This new number 14 Emyr Huws is looking excellent! #wafc

Just a fan at the game I guess,but all good!

I don't get to watch much of him unfortunately but whenever any of our loanees are playing I like to follow them on SSSC. Whenever he plays he just constantly seems to draws fouls, like that's the only way they can get the ball off him. Looks good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.