End of era. Start of era

scousemanc

When I started going to Maine Road, the era later became know as the Bell, Lee, Summerbee years.

I think Kompany leaving today is symbolic of the end of this era, the first one following the takeover. For me, that started with Yaya's goal in the semi final and ended today. The players I will fondly associate with it are Joe Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Yaya, David and Aguero. With an honourable mention to Gareth Barry.

With only David and Sergio remaining, the next era begins. The new set of core players will be Ederson, Laporte, Sterling, KDB, Bernado, Foden, Jesus, Zinch and (maybe) Leroy. Fernandinho deserves to be included, probably with a foot in both.

A few years ago I couldn't imagine City without Yaya, but how times change. So much to look back on over the last decade and hopefully much to look forward to in the next one. Kompany won't half be missed though.

I don't see it as black and white as that,as we have already seamlessly integrated replacements/improvements over the past few years and we will continue to do so this summer.So while its sad to see the legends leave,the new boys have made it far easier to accept and cope with.

I have a team photo poster on the wall from the 11/12 season, and only Merlin and Aguero is remaining

I don't see it as black and white as that,as we have already seamlessly integrated replacements/improvements over the past few years and we will continue to do so this summer.So while its sad to see the legends leave,the new boys have made it far easier to accept and cope with.
I agree. And when we all put sentimentality aside, Bernado has proven so far he is more than capable of taking the reins from his namesake. However, I will be truly gutted when David Silva walks out of the door: (

never stand still ??? and nobody is bigger than the club ??
there is many more things to conquer and dare i say europe ??? this is only the start and a base to build on bars have been set and levels to maintain and the future is looking good

the one thing i will say is the others will be watching with open eye's and plans to try and step up and money is available to all the top teams even united are planing a big spend so a push will come from the rest and that is all you need to push yourself even harder, and remember VAR is in play next season so a lot of works need to be done in training and the new rules about handball will need looking at with the away we defend so many many thinks to look forward too

dont see it as end of an era just the end of a players time at the club whoever it is sad when a player like vinny yaya zabba leave but it has to happen, worst for me when david and sergio go.

dont see it as end of an era just the end of a players time at the club whoever it is sad when a player like vinny yaya zabba leave but it has to happen, worst for me when david and sergio go.
When David goes, we will have Bernado. When Sergio goes, judging by yesterday's performance, we will have Jesus.
Never ending, the cycle of life.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.