End of the match day programmes

Is there anything in there actually worth reading?
I collected them as a kid and stopped first game of the season away at Southampton 1980, when Keegan made his debut for them. Was shocked when asked for 30p....
Just like vinyl, books, the Pink Final etc..... its days are numbered.
Vinyl is making a come back. So are books .....

The last one I bought was the QPR still in it's plastic cover. Too dear now never bought one at Wembley £10 Ha ha

I collected them as a kid and stopped first game of the season away at Southampton 1980, when Keegan made his debut for them. Was shocked when asked for 30p....
They've stopped the Pink?

There's a piece in The Telegraph about programmes, saying there are ways to liven them up. But they're too big now, getting like little books, and don't slip into your pocket like the old slimmer ones did.

I am a programme collecting nerd - I need exactly 261 programmes to have every single City home and away programme back to 1946 and I have a City home programme from every pre war season to 1923 I currently need 74 homes to be complete and have every home and away programme back to 1955. There have been 3518 competitive City games since the war and I have 3257 of them! Been collecting for twenty years (last ten years intently) and I am hoping to be complete or as near as damm it by the end of next season. it is an infuriating, expensive and annoying hobby. I seldom read the programmes but am proud of the collection I have with every programme stored in a plastic sealed wallet. Others on the man city facebook programme page have amazing collections.

In a way if they stopped printing them it might not be a bad thing as I can draw a line under my collection! Can see it happening in time.

Vinyl and programmes won’t die out completely.
Too many people have a passion for them.

Do you want me to find and send you a ‘smiths single’.
So much better than digital, in every way.

It's a waste of paper, and in this digital age, it should be free with your ticket.

I'm sure we got or even still get access to an electronic copy as Seasoncard holders. Never used the facility and haven't heard mention of it for a couple of years so it might have been ditched.

I've got a few from when I was younger, but found there's never really been anything that worth reading in them....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.