Ending a rental contract early

Sorry to take the piss mate.....it's a bluemoon thing that's all. Had no idea your mental health was as bad as you say so apologies. Things change mate just find an alternative. I blagged my way through life until I got older and had some luck. Shit bedsits etc etc shared bogs and baths etc etc

I have been homeless and spent time living in a car in the 80's as my parents were cunts and I had nowhere else to go.

Ended up in Brindale House in Brinnington briefly.....now that place was bad boss.

Can't you fix some of this stuff yourself? Or complain to the council about the conditions?

Thank you for this post, sorry, I was probably not as clear as I could of been in my initial post about my state of mind.

I mean the main thing for me is the elevator, seven floors to go up whenever I go shopping is far from ideal, other stuff like noise and people smoking weed, I mean I can complain but as @mackenzie said, the building management just don't want to do anything.

As a quick update to everyone, I've spoken with the person who manages my tenancy at Thornley Groves and it's not looking good, it's in the contract they want me to responsible for rent til they get a new tenant, which means they've got me by the bollocks as I obviously in no way can afford to do that, just waiting to hear back from them, which is annoying as mentioned earlier, I work nights, haha.

Thank you for this post, sorry, I was probably not as clear as I could of been in my initial post about my state of mind.

I mean the main thing for me is the elevator, seven floors to go up whenever I go shopping is far from ideal, other stuff like noise and people smoking weed, I mean I can complain but as @mackenzie said, the building management just don't want to do anything.

As a quick update to everyone, I've spoken with the person who manages my tenancy at Thornley Groves and it's not looking good, it's in the contract they want me to responsible for rent til they get a new tenant, which means they've got me by the bollocks as I obviously in no way can afford to do that, just waiting to hear back from them, which is annoying as mentioned earlier, I work nights, haha.

Contracts have to be fair and that does not sound fair to me.

I'm private rent, unfortunately, so I'm not sure it counts as social housing. (I work in social housing myself, ironically.)

I'm private rent, unfortunately, so I'm not sure it counts as social housing. (I work in social housing myself, ironically.)
Who owns the building?

Apparently, when the building was being built they had to rip out some cladding due to the Grenfell fire and new regulations on what they could use.
I have some water marks around one of my windows which, according to Hunters, is a direct result of this and window surrounds not being "finished" properly. Still waiting for it to be sorted. It's not terrible, just unsightly.
I'm on a slightly lower floor than you so avoided the April issue, but yes get in touch with Shelter. Also, I'm going to look into the earlier post on this thread that mentions a law that mentions it is mandatory for a lift for a building this size (thanks to whoever posted that by the way).

I definitely get the impression, after 5 years, that Hunters have gradually withdrawn protection for the building and inadvertently allowed this to happen. Money saving and now it's coming back to bite them in the arse ,in the monetary sense anyway.

Feel free to PM me if you want to keep in contact about any further issues/developments.

Walk out, leave the keys and inform them via email or recorded delivery letter your reasons for leaving and that, if they wish to pursue the remainder of your contract, you look forward to having that settled by a judge in the Small Claims Court, where all your previously documented evidence will be presented.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.