Energy companies and direct debits

Having a barney with my energy supplier, Avro. I'm on a fixed tariff so pay by fixed monthly DD, which goes out on the 14th but my statement date in 25th. So I'm paying 11 days ahead of my statement. During the winter months I'm obviously using more than the monthly DD amount but less in the summer months.

Last month I moved into credit, so asked them to move my DD date to after my statement date and only charge me for the balance outstanding. They didn't respond, then took the full £79 and said they wouldn't do that, as I'd be in debit, which they wouldn't allow. Yet I'm in debit most of the billing year, which they have no problem with. My contract is up in 2 months so I've cancelled my next DD and raised a formal complaint.

Is anyone on a fixed tariff, paying by monthly DD but only paying the statement balance every month?
Hey Prestwich, I'm on same tariff as you ending in November £84 a month. Auto switching to Octopus soon. I'm leaving them to do all the work. The DD will transfer over and I've got all the meter readings, so should all come out even

I’m about £100 in credit with Bulb.

Had an email from them today asking me to increase my monthly payments to build more credit in my account.

Given the current climate, good luck with that lads…no fucking chance.

Bulb emailed today wanting to increase my monthly payment to just shy of £200, and there’ll be a price increase in October.

Cheers, lads.

Having a barney with my energy supplier, Avro. I'm on a fixed tariff so pay by fixed monthly DD, which goes out on the 14th but my statement date in 25th. So I'm paying 11 days ahead of my statement. During the winter months I'm obviously using more than the monthly DD amount but less in the summer months.

Last month I moved into credit, so asked them to move my DD date to after my statement date and only charge me for the balance outstanding. They didn't respond, then took the full £79 and said they wouldn't do that, as I'd be in debit, which they wouldn't allow. Yet I'm in debit most of the billing year, which they have no problem with. My contract is up in 2 months so I've cancelled my next DD and raised a formal complaint.

Is anyone on a fixed tariff, paying by monthly DD but only paying the statement balance every month?

Don't go with Bulb. Shocking company who I hope go out of business

Martin Lewis is now advising we all download or take a screenshot of any credit in our accounts regularly.
No matter what utility company we are with.

Another one who was with Bulb who went from paying about £120/month last year to £190/month by March! Had a smart meter fitted and that made very little difference to our monthly payments even though we were using well under what they said they were using.

Switched to Octopus and the payments are back down to £110. I just hope I can get our money back from Bulb.

Our current deal with EDF ends in a couple of months and they sent us an eye-watering quote to stay with them.
Digging into the details, it appears that the tarrifs are changing as follows:-

Electricity from 14.31p / kwh to 26.73 Kw/h (i.e. nearly double)
Gas from 2.372p /kwh to 6.339 p / hwh (i.e. nearly treble)

Anybody else seeing huge rises in unit prices?

Not had time to do much research yet but the Mrs reckons quotes for other suppliers are equally large.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.