Energy companies and direct debits

Octopus are great for this, their customer service has been great for me. I’m about £300 in credit now, but with winter coming up I know it will average out so I just leave the credit there
I'm with Bulb, and they are great too. Very low price and any credit is paid back within about 24 hours of the request.
Hope they don't fold :-(

From now on I shall make copies to print of all our monthly bills and readings but maybe a little bit academic after the horse has bolted.

Back in mid August I read that the ombudman ordered Avro to provide financial and other information related to the company’s activities and asked them to engage in constructive discusions concerning their financial projection or face the consequence of their licence been knocked back. I guess the writing was on the wall and I should have bailed then.

From now on I shall make copies to print of all our monthly bills and readings but maybe a little bit academic after the horse has bolted.

Back in mid August I read that the ombudman ordered Avro to provide financial and other information related to the company’s activities and asked them to engage in constructive discusions concerning their financial projection or face the consequence of their licence been knocked back. I guess the writing was on the wall and I should have bailed then.

I’m also with Avro Bob and think it is very underhand that they have removed all info on my account.
I think the ombudsman should be looking into this as I think it’s illegal.
Only just re-joined them but was with them a few years ago as I thought they were very good.

Avro just went tits up along with Green Energy. Tried logging in to our account and all data has been removed.

We emailed them on the 15th September to request a refund back to account of £325 as we were showing a £360 credit balance. They confirmed receipt of the email and said they wouild get back to us in 5 to 10 days but it could be longer. They wouldn't answer the phone at the beginning of the month and said due to high call volumes please try again later and then cut our call.

I believe we will get the money back but with all our statements online on their portal we remain unsure as to how we can prove we are in credit. Hopefully the official reciever will have sequestered all the data and correspondance going forward.

Our gas and electric with Avro was very cheap at around 2.4p a kw for gas and 14p a kilowatt for electricity. I have a sneaky feeling we are about to get tampered with by our new supplier that's to be allocated to us. I'm hazarding a guess at double the price of Avro and certainly glum times ahead.
Take a photo of your meters NOW.

The fact that all your statements are on line is a worry and perhaps we should all think about what info we physically hold. How will you now prove to the receiver you are owed money ?
You don’t need to.
The system covers it.
They will know how much they owe you or vice versa and pass it on to the new company.

I'm with Bulb, and they are great too. Very low price and any credit is paid back within about 24 hours of the request.
Hope they don't fold :-(
They’ll have gone by the end of the week. They are desperately trying to borrow money to stay afloat.

I’m also with Avro Bob and think it is very underhand that they have removed all info on my account.
I think the ombudsman should be looking into this as I think it’s illegal.
Only just re-joined them but was with them a few years ago as I thought they were very good.
When I log in I can see the outlines of the grid but all the information is deleted. I understand that companies can fall into difficulty but why stop me from seeing my own data, what harm could that do for an end user who could then at least take a snapshot of their position.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.