Energy companies and direct debits

Not heard a peep from Octopus since the takeover even though we did cancel our direct debit as soon as the Avro fell. We should have paid again on the 1st October but are still in credit and are non too keen to pay anything further until the balance evaporates to around a month. I feel sure they will contact us when they are good and ready.

I was shocked, and stagggered, to see Avro take my £163 yesterday, can’t understand how a company that is bust can take a direct debit still? Weird.
Because it's transferring over so even though the DD says Avro the money will land with Octopus.

What is pissing me off is several weeks later they still can't provide us with the rates they are charging. Just hope nobody physically comes to read my metres as I over reported them to pay at the cheaper Avro rate!

Because it's transferring over so even though the DD says Avro the money will land with Octopus.

What is pissing me off is several weeks later they still can't provide us with the rates they are charging. Just hope nobody physically comes to read my metres as I over reported them to pay at the cheaper Avro rate!
You are on the cap standard variable less a tenner a year.

You are on the cap standard variable less a tenner a year.
Which is how much per unit?

The cap fixes the unit price, not the total price payable. The figure of £1277 for the cap is the average.

Use less than average you pay less, use more you pay more.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.