Energy companies and direct debits

BP closing some petrol stations , this is getting ominous

The Road Haulage Association has led calls for ministers to back down on their refusal to add drivers to the Shortage Occupation List which bypasses post-Brexit legislation on immigration.
Project fear I believe according to several on here.

Also fixed for a year earlier this year, wish I'd done more now. Incredible how it seems this is a situation created by politics and inaction given the consequences it could have for people and businesses.

They switched on a coal powered plant last month and that means we'll fail our climate targets too, if the need continues.

Also fixed for a year earlier this year, wish I'd done more now. Incredible how it seems this is a situation created by politics and inaction given the consequences it could have for people and businesses.

They switched on a coal powered plant last month and that means we'll fail our climate targets too, if the need continues.
We need coal , we need a mix of green energy and fossil fuels

We ship coal in from abroad , we should have gas storage facilities

Will be interesting to see which supplier picks up Green and Avro Energy customers through the Supplier of Last Resort mechanism - current market conditions combined with the price cap means suppliers may need an incentive from the Government in order to take on these customers...

I switched to Avro via Uswitch around 18 months ago. Today I received an email from Uswitch as follows. Hope it's helpful

We’re getting in touch because our records show that you switched to Avro Energy with us in the last 18 months. If your switch didn't go through, or if you've since switched to a different supplier, please ignore this email.As you may have heard, Avro Energy ceased trading on 22nd September 2021. The current energy market conditions mean it’s a tough time for customers right now. But don’t worry, you’re protected.Your new supplier will be appointed soon. In the meantime, our energy experts have answered some of the questions you might have:

Will I lose my gas/electricity supply? No. Ofgem regulations mean your gas and/or electricity supply will continue as normal.

Who will my new supplier be and when will I find out? Ofgem is currently vetting potential suppliers to determine who is best placed to serve the needs of customers like you. A decision will be made as quickly as possible, and your new supplier will be in touch soon.

Will I pay the same as I did with my old supplier? Ofgem will appoint a supplier that offers the best possible deal for you. But it is not guaranteed that the new tariff will be the same as your old one, so your bill could go up.

Will I need to provide my new supplier with a meter reading? Yes, your new supplier will ask for a meter reading when they get in touch. So it’s a good idea to make a note of yours now. Here’s how.

I’ve built up a credit balance with Avro Energy, will I get it back? Yes. Any positive balance outstanding on your Avro Energy account will be secure.

I recently switched away from Avro Energy, but I’m still awaiting a refund. What happens now?

Don’t worry, your new supplier will pay back any money you're owed as part of the process.

Once my new supplier is appointed, can I switch to a new supplier of my choice?
We appreciate that Ofgem’s decision is out of your hands, and you might want to consider switching. But it's likely you’ll be moved to one of the more competitive deals available right now. Once you've transferred over to your new supplier, you’ll be free to switch without incurring any exit fees, if you’d like to.

We hope we’ve cleared up some uncertainty, but we understand you may have further questions. We’ll be back in touch to let you know when your new supplier has been chosen, but in the meantime, you can visit our online guide for further information. You don't need to do anything for now, but if you'd like to talk, you can call our customer support team on 0800 0142 308. For opening hours please visit our website.
The Uswitch Energy Team

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.