Energy companies and direct debits

Theoretically yes you should be able to switch again - although it is highly unlikely there will be any cheaper tariffs around.

I doubt any suppliers are pricing their standard variable tariffs at a discount to the price cap in these market conditions, and any fixed deal is likely to be more expensive (wholesale markets have moved up significantly from several months ago, where prices from this time period were used to set the level of the upcoming Winter price cap).
I think your probably correct and we'll just have to bat it out. Our monthly D.D from Avro was £70 and now I would antipicate we will be paying in the region of £140 a month. Those of us on the cheaper tarrifs from the small companies will feel the hit harder as Avro were plying their trade at 14p electric and 2.34 the gas.

I love it when people say back in the olden days we were all happy. We had no central heating and the inside of our windows used to freeze up with ice. We had to use hotwater bottles and extra blankets and when we got up in the morning we used to hold our hands under our chins and shiver like bad men until the fire was lit.

I cant do all that shit again ...truly I cant : (

Citizens advice say that If you have an online account, it’s a good idea to log into it, check your balance and download any bills. Before your new supplier contacts you, you should:
  • take meter readings - it’s useful to take a photo of your meter readings too
  • keep any old bills you have - these can help prove your payment history, credit balance or debt
  • make a note of your account balance - you’ll find this on your most recent statement

Avro have to be acting out of turn then by denying us accress to our accounts

Had just renewed with Avro, DD went from £72 to £103 but that was comparable with other suppliers.

Once moved to a new company automatically, you can change to another supplier free of charge. As already mentioned, the robbing bastards will be hiking their prices each time another company hits the wall.

So far as proving your balance, if you view their statements monthly, the act of viewing the statement downloads it into your browser's downloads so you could get it back from there. Have viewed my latest one from their dated 16th September.

Was in credit with Shell Energy for £473 requested a refund of it on Friday. Hopefully they are classed as one of the big boys and stay afloat!

Had just renewed with Avro, DD went from £72 to £103 but that was comparable with other suppliers.

Once moved to a new company automatically, you can change to another supplier free of charge. As already mentioned, the robbing bastards will be hiking their prices each time another company hits the wall.

So far as proving your balance, if you view their statements monthly, the act of viewing the statement downloads it into your browser's downloads so you could get it back from there. Have viewed my latest one from their dated 16th September.
We've just renewed with EDF and gone from a 3 year fixed contract at £74 to £117 a month for another 3 years. This is after using comparison sites mind.

Scary times.

Gutted, logged in to My Avro account at lunch time and saw that we are/were £237 in credit, just seen this thread and tried again, no access as already pointed out. It's not like I could've done anything about it earlier today but still, it's a ballache I could do without.
We are with Avro too (or were!) and are in credit by more than £100. Not sure which company we will get ported over to, but the cheap rate we were on will substantially increase. Having a quick look at a comparison website, we’ll be paying an extra £47 per month and do wonder about the credit on our account. Add it to the list of things for this government to fire fight for a bit and then fuck off to fire fight something else before it’s properly solved.

I suspect there may be a bit of a trend with Avro customers being in credit...as pointed out already though, Ofgem regulations stipulate any outstanding credit balances will be protected. Hope you get some clarity on when you'll be able to access this soon

I suspect there may be a bit of a trend with Avro customers being in credit...as pointed out already though, Ofgem regulations stipulate any outstanding credit balances will be protected. Hope you get some clarity on when you'll be able to access this soon
Thanks, that’s what Ofgem say, so hopefully it gets sorted without a lot of mither. The lousy bastards took the monthly direct debit out of the bank just yesterday too!

And the reciever will have all our data to make either a demand request or a credit to our new account. Hopefuly so.

I understand we are to be automatically moved to another supplier but assume we can then immediatly return back to the market to switch to a lower tarrif if one's available.

It's going to get really expensive as the competition dries up from the smaller suppliers. Maybe we'll see a cartel of 8 or 10 of the big boys dominating the market place and keeping prices high for the foreseeable future.
I would not move from your new supplier until you have got your credit refund sorted. You’ll get a new supplier immediately.
A refund of credit might take longer.

Avro just went tits up along with Green Energy. Tried logging in to our account and all data has been removed.

We emailed them on the 15th September to request a refund back to account of £325 as we were showing a £360 credit balance. They confirmed receipt of the email and said they wouild get back to us in 5 to 10 days but it could be longer. They wouldn't answer the phone at the beginning of the month and said due to high call volumes please try again later and then cut our call.

I believe we will get the money back but with all our statements online on their portal we remain unsure as to how we can prove we are in credit. Hopefully the official reciever will have sequestered all the data and correspondance going forward.

Our gas and electric with Avro was very cheap at around 2.4p a kw for gas and 14p a kilowatt for electricity. I have a sneaky feeling we are about to get tampered with by our new supplier that's to be allocated to us. I'm hazarding a guess at double the price of Avro and certainly glum times ahead.

I’m with these too. Just renewed yesterday after first year as there are no deals worth looking at on Uswitch and these were £30 a month cheaper than next best.

Guess it’s going to be rocky, can see a time when only the big boys will be left.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.