Energy companies and direct debits

We've just renewed with EDF and gone from a 3 year fixed contract at £74 to £117 a month for another 3 years. This is after using comparison sites mind.

Scary times.
Having a quick look around the cheapest I could get is with EDF, £147 a month (compared to the £72 I was paying 6 weeks ago).

And most firms are tying you in for 2/3 years so if the wholesale prices drop they've got you by the bollocks or the cost of an early release fee.

And this industry is regulated!

Another (ex) Avro customer here. Worth looking at the advice on moneysavingexpert.com on all this - process is that Ofgem moves us to another supplier, may take a few weeks, tariff is likely to be one of the more expensive ones but can then shop around for a cheaper one. Won't be as cheap as the one we were on though.
@TwoGunBob good luck, think your credit is safe though

Like everyone else, I am getting a price increase when my fixed deal comes to an end next month.
Any way that I can sign up to a fixed rate with someone at a half decent rate?

As mentioned hopefully the reciever will have sequestered all the data and our correspondance going forward. I guess it would be the same with accounts in debit because apprantly the debt will have to be repaid back after the forced switch.

I really hope we don't lose out and my fault for allowing it to run so high. This last year we have turned green and have been monitering our carbon footprints by careful use of energy both home and away. This has had an impact on our usage and allowed us to accrues a healthier credit balance. Once I sniffed trouble brewing at the begining of the month I tried in vain to get it paid back but they would not make contact.

I have proof of the email request we made for £325 to be paid to account as they have replied with a refernce number reciept. But of course all energy statements are held on line on their portal.

David Banner likes the 2nd paragraph.

Why is there so much increased demanded from Asia compared to ever before ?

Why has supply from Russia diminished ?

I’m about £100 in credit with Bulb.

Had an email from them today asking me to increase my monthly payments to build more credit in my account.

Given the current climate, good luck with that lads…no fucking chance.

I was in credit with Avro on a 12 month contract.
My mrs has read that if you are in contract then that will be honoured by your new supplier.
Our 12 month was up in June so that does not apply to us.
Also tried logging into the app and absolutely no information available, I am sure I am in Credit but I have no proof at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.