Energy companies and direct debits

Only switched to Green two months ago so they've taken 2x direct debits but I haven't received a bill yet so technically I'm 2x months in credit? Just going to sit tight knowing that no matter what happens I'm getting battered with my next tariff

Martin says hi

5. My cheap fix lasts a few more months, should I ditch it and grab a longer one?

My best guess is no. Prices have risen so much that the savings you'll make by sticking with your old cheap tariff, while it lasts, will be huge (though do compare to check). So even if prices still rise, I suspect the gain of holding on to very cheap tariffs now will likely outweigh that. It is more art than science though.
I think you've just not read what he wrote correctly.

As far as I'm aware no deal you're on can transfer if your current supplier goes bust, they may put you on the nearest equivalent but normally they put you on an agreed (with Ofgem) tariff and invite you to contact them to find a better deal. You will be free to look elsewhere of course because the deal they put you on will be guaranteed to be more than you need pay.

Any credit will follow you around.

That quote from MSE only applies if you're considering changing suppliers from your current one, not one that's just gone bust.

Martin says hi

5. My cheap fix lasts a few more months, should I ditch it and grab a longer one?

My best guess is no. Prices have risen so much that the savings you'll make by sticking with your old cheap tariff, while it lasts, will be huge (though do compare to check). So even if prices still rise, I suspect the gain of holding on to very cheap tariffs now will likely outweigh that. It is more art than science though.
You really don’t understand do you?
This has nothing to do with companies going bust!

We’ve been fortunate with UW, they’ve been brilliant, small increase coming up but using their smart meter we pay ~£65pm currently for 3 bed (2 people)

I think you've just not read what he wrote correctly.

As far as I'm aware no deal you're on can transfer if your current supplier goes bust, they may put you on the nearest equivalent but normally they put you on an agreed (with Ofgem) tariff and invite you to contact them to find a better deal. You will be free to look elsewhere of course because the deal they put you on will be guaranteed to be more than you need pay.

Any credit will follow you around.

That quote from MSE only applies if you're considering changing suppliers from your current one, not one that's just gone bust.
Only posting in good faith what has been quoted on Sky news.

Will my energy bill rise?

It depends on what kind of deal you are on.

If you are on a fixed-price tariff, it means the price you pay is fixed for the length of your contract, so you won't be affected - but you will probably have to switch to a more expensive deal when your contract comes to an end.

If you are on a flexible tariff, this changes in line with wholesale prices.

Gutted, logged in to My Avro account at lunch time and saw that we are/were £237 in credit, just seen this thread and tried again, no access as already pointed out. It's not like I could've done anything about it earlier today but still, it's a ballache I could do without.
Martin lewis said the company that picks you up will have to pay you the credit you had ,if you can take a screenshot or have some bills with it on is good just in case but should be ok

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.