Energy companies and direct debits

Had the usual monthly email this morning from Avro, asking me to send my meter readings, funny how they can switch everything off that gives me access to my account and historic bills etc but can't be arsed turning off the automated emailer, twats.

Anyone thinking of switching to Octopus which has been recommended several times on here. Monthly payments, easy return of credit, if you use this link you and I will both get £50 credited to our accounts.

share.octopus.energy/jade-sheep-120

every little bit helps!
More than double what I pay now!

I live in rural Spain where my electricity bill is paid to my supplier via DD every 2 months in arrears.
Automatic meter readings and notice via email to online invoice about a week before the money is taken (query time)

Recent changes mean that electricity is time costed for all suppliers in Spain with weekday mornings from 8am till 2pm most expensive and midnight till 8am cheapest together with that cheap rate applied for every sat and sun.. Other times have in between prices.

Habits have changed with washing at weekends and early use of oven via its timer on weekdays. AC use restricted and pool filter on timer.

Bill's since June change have been better than previous so we seem to manage its use better.

Turns out the guy and his dad who owned Avro gave another company they owned an £830,000 interest free loan from the energy company. Avro also spent over £2 000,000 employing an advertising company owned by guess who?
The same guys.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.