Energy, the environment & climate change.

Really???

Google "Sun Red Giant" and on page 1, every single link confirms it.

Link 1, space.com: "In approximately 5 billion years, the sun will begin the helium-burning process, turning into a red giant star."

Link2: Phys.org, "the sun has been in what is known as its main sequence, where nuclear fusion in its core causes it to emit energy and light, keeping us here on Earth nourished. This will last for another 4.5 – 5.5 billion years"

Link3: WIkipedia; "The Sun will exit the main sequence in approximately 5 billion years and start to turn into a red giant.[27][28] "

Link4: Astronomy.com: "Roughly 5 billion years from now, the Sun will exhaust the hydrogen fuel in its core and start burning helium, forcing its transition into a red giant star."

Link5: Theconversation.com: "The sun won’t die for 5 billion years ... In a few billion years, the sun will become a red giant so large that it will engulf our planet."

Link6: Futurism.com: "When the Sun becomes a fully-fledged, full grown red giant (in some 7.59 billion years"

Link7: *Universetoday: "the Sun has been in what is known as its Main Sequence, where nuclear fusion in its core causes it to emit energy and light, keeping us here on Earth nourished. This will last for another 4.5 – 5.5 billion years"

Link8: Schoolsobservatory: "In the Sun's case, this will mean the fiery end of all the inner planets of our Solar System, which might also include the Earth; but don't worry, this won't happen for another 5,000,000,000 years."

Link9: Discovermagazine: "In roughly 5 billion years, the sun will run out of energy and drastically alter the solar system"

That is everything on page 1. Need I go to page 2?

Seriously mate, I only linked all of these because I had a bored spare moment, but honestly it is the accepted fact. The sun does not begin transitioning into a red giant until the hydrogen runs out and then it starts to fuse helium, and that *starts* in about 5 billion years time, not 1.5 billion. It's really not up for debate.
So look up when the earth becomes inhabitable as part of the process

So look up when the earth becomes inhabitable as part of the process
Wrong answer.

The answer you were looking for was "Sorry Chippy, yes you are right. I was mistaken when I said that the sun turns into a red giant in 1.5 billion years". "And I was also wrong to try to worm out of it by saying it starts the process in 1.5 billion years".

You said "1.5bn when it goes red giant." WRONG.

You then said "It's going red giant in 1.5bn years mate, the process takes a long time" WRONG.

Just man up FFS instead of this silly attempted deflection.

Last edited:
Wrong answer.

The answer you were looking for was "Sorry Chippy, yes you are right. I was mistaken when I said that the sun turns into a red giant in 1.5 billion years". "And I was also wrong to try to worm out of it by saying it starts the process in 1.5 billion years".

You said "1.5bn when it goes red giant." WRONG.

You then said "It's going red giant in 1.5bn years mate, the process takes a long time" WRONG.

Just man up FFS instead of this silly attempted deflection.
No oceans, no rain, uninhabitable planet, sun no longer having hydrogen to burn, 1.5bn years. You're making a tit of yourself.

No oceans, no rain, uninhabitable planet, sun no longer having hydrogen to burn, 1.5bn years. You're making a tit of yourself.
Hahahahahhahahaha.

This is (from you) quite possibly the most pathetic attempt at not making a tit of yourself I have EVER seen on this forum, ever. And I have been here for 13 years. Seriously.

You made 2 stark, unequivocable, plain statements that the sun will turn into a red giant in 1.5 billion years. That's what I am taking issue with. You said it twice. I told you you were mistaken, several times. You asked me for evidence and so I wasted my time doing a simple Google for you and showed you the entire 1st page of the Google results, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF WHICH showed that you were WRONG.

And have the bare faced cheek to suggest that I am making a tit of myself? Hahahahahahhahhaa. Grow up.

If I were you, I'd just wait 1.5bn years then tell him you told him so.
It's just deflection from him mate, refusing to admit he's wrong. I have never claimed the oceans won't dry up, merely that the sun will not be a red giant in 1.5 billion years.

It's just deflection from him mate, refusing to admit he's wrong. I have never claimed the oceans won't dry up, merely that the sun will not be a red giant in 1.5 billion years.
It takes a star about 4 billion years to go from stable to red giant mate, your problem is that you can't comprehend it.

And BTW that's WRONG as well. The sun DOES NOT run out of hydrogen in 1.5 billion years. It's 5 billion. How many fucking times do you have to be told? FFS. Is a page of 9 links not enough for you FFS? Do I really have to go to page 2 and another 9 links????

It takes a star about 4 billion years to go from stable to red giant mate, your problem is that you can't comprehend it.
NO IT DOES NOT. It does not START until 5 billion years. Jesus Wept.

Astronomy.com: "Roughly 5 billion years from now, the Sun will exhaust the hydrogen fuel in its core and start burning helium, forcing its transition into a red giant star

Try reading it out loud.

1617209024901.png
The process STARTS in 5 billion years and takes 2 or 3 billions of years more to complete. The sun is 12 billion years old in about 7.4 billion years time.

Last edited:
NO IT FUCKING DOES NOT. It does not START until 5 billion years. Jesus Wept.

Astronomy.com: "Roughly 5 billion years from now, the Sun will exhaust the hydrogen fuel in its core and start burning helium, forcing its transition into a red giant star

Read it out loud if it helps.
Good for you. They're debunked

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.