England finish 4th.

FantasyIreland

An over achievement? Or have we missed a glorious opportunity And actually underperformed?

Taking everything into account I'm going with the latter.We had a piss easy group and a relatively straightforward quarter final.We lost to an average Croatia team that, had the manager had his head screwed on,we should have beaten.

Belgium have just simply outclassed us,nothing to be ashamed of there.

Thoughts?

Now that England's' World Cup is over it's time to take a critical look at it.

Played 7. Won 3. Drew 1. Lost 3.

Beat Panama (FIFA ranking 56).
Beat Sweden (FIFA ranking 24).
Beat Tunisia (FIFA ranking 21).
Drew Colombia (FIFA ranking 16).
Lost Croatia (FIFA ranking 20).
Lost Belgium twice (FIFA ranking 3).

Bit of perspective on the 'brilliant' campaign that I've heard so many people talking about.

Shame we have no midfield, all decent international teams have a reasonable midfield. With that in mind i think we did better than expected. That said, seeing how it went i also feel this was a big chance for us to nick a world cup so a little disappointed.

Now that England's' World Cup is over it's time to take a critical look at it.

Played 7. Won 3. Drew 1. Lost 3.

Beat Panama (FIFA ranking 56).
Beat Sweden (FIFA ranking 24).
Beat Tunisia (FIFA ranking 21).
Drew Colombia (FIFA ranking 16).
Lost Croatia (FIFA ranking 20).
Lost Belgium twice (FIFA ranking 3).

Bit of perspective on the 'brilliant' campaign that I've heard so many people talking about.
Yep,agreed.

Far from brilliant,we have simply exploited some wonderful luck.

Can't disagree it's been a wonderful spectacle,probably up there with the very best football tournaments in my lifetime.England progressing is a huge factor in that.

I'd imagine there won't ever be such a golden opportunity, where all the big guns were eliminated early.

I'd put pretty decent money on England never winning the WC while I'm alive.

I'd imagine there won't ever be such a golden opportunity, where all the big guns were eliminated early.

I'd put pretty decent money on England never winning the WC while I'm alive.

Agree.

And I'm only 10.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.