England Goalkeeper - Blame the Manager

BELFAST_BLUE_BOY

I am neutral, Irish....but would like to see England do well as good buzz in the country....but you cannot go into a world cup without a first choice keeper. The keeper needs to build relationship with defenders....build his confidence from that....Capello has had years to sort this out and HIS indecisiveness has led to this problem. Give the shirt to Joe Hart and make him number 1. He stays no 1 until injured or makes a total shambles of it.....but let him know! Early days in comp, so needs sorted now.

Did any players go to Green after he made error? comfort him?

spot on.going into a world cup without knowing your true no1 is a disgrace.
Personally i would have given the shirt to james as his experience is invalluable.After the world cup,give it to joe and stick with him.

Agree with this, its weak management.
Choose a Number 1, and play with him in the build up. Leaving it till 1 hour before the game to name his number 1 wasnt a great idea.

Based on form this year its Hart, but people say he is inexperienced so play him in the build up.

If you ask me, the team could use a few more inexperienced, unafraid players rather than the tried and tested usual 11 who never seem to click or provide

More than any other player a keeper needs to know he is first choice and has to be confident. He builds this confidence by knowing the manager wants him and he WILL be playing. Capello did not tell player until 2hrs before, he has been unsure of the keeper....this all builds up and affects any keeper choosen....CAPELLO - YOU ARE THE MANAGER, MAKE A DECISION AND STICK TO IT!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.