England - Going Forward

ramsdale4

Would you build for the future or try and go for one last hurrah in Euro 2012 with England's "Golden Generation"?

If I was manager I'd try and blood the youth, and give as many games as possible to the likes of Hart, Gibbs, A Johnson, Whiltshire, Milner, Richards, Sturridge etc (if they are fit and playing for their respected clubs of course). I dont buy into the argument that we dont have enough good youngsters coming through. We do, and some of them are coming of age at the right time to take the place of the over-hyped failures that proceeded them.

I think we need to wipe the slate clean to a point. In fact from the current crop of England regulars id probably only keep the likes of Rooney, A Cole, Ferdinand and Gerrard/Lampard (not both) in my starting 11, and build a team full of youth and exciting attacking talent. There are also the Gary Cahill's of this world who are still relatively young and have a point to prove, and lets not forget MJ who has the potential to be and absolute world beater. I just hope we have the manager in charge who will adopt this approach and utilized the talent being supplied from the likes of Villa, Everton, Middlesborough and ourselves.

Futsal is the way forward. if we want to create our own Xavi's, Messi's, Kaka's etc.

Those twunts at the FA needs to sort themsleves out. Brooking has done fuck all since taking the job at the FA.

I cant believe how many Football fans in this Country can be so quick to write off the experience of Stevie G; JT; and especially Becks after all that lad has done for his Country!

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
I would write off the Euros and build for the WC. The present crop of lads like Adam Johnson will be at their peak in 2014.

And even if we prioritize youth now there is no reason we might not make a surprise trip to the semis or final in Euro 2012 like Germany just did (when few expected them to with their inexperienced team) at the WC.

Bring some players in who are comfortable in possession and build from there - even if it risks not qualifying for the Euros.

What's the point in qualifying only to go straight out again?

I'm not an england fan so I don't really care what they do - but there's no point in playing 11 Steve Gerrard types ie athletes who can make surging runs with or without the ball if there's no one to retain possession and deliver a through pass.

Go through the team, and you'll find very few players who are really comfortable on the ball

Rumours are that Capello's trying to talk Heskey into coming out of international retirement !!!

Disband the whole FA, bring in people with vision, who know their football, introduce Futsal, and make it big, and root out the whole "get stuck in lads, hoof it up to that big chunk upfront", "win at all costs" attitude. Then we can start talking about winning things. Until then we're no better than Paraguay or Sweden, a team thats good enough to be there, but not good enough to win it.

ifiwasarichfan said:
I cant believe how many Football fans in this Country can be so quick to write off the experience of Stevie G; JT; and especially Becks after all that lad has done for his Country!

Mods.

Can you please now delete my post. With a lot of new members joining recently; it was a shameless attempt to find a Clarkie. It's been up 20 minutes and thankfully none of them are that gullable.

Apologies to all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.