England National Team 2016/17

Of course Rooney was going to be named captain. I called it from as soon as he was appointed manager. What England need is a Pep like manager who will take no shit, not afraid to cull the underachieving big name players, and build a team using the young promising players we have. "Fat Sam" is just another FA yes man. Business as usual.

Who should be captain though? It normally always goes to the most experienced players so I'm not going to make a lot of it personally.

I do think we keep unsuccessful players around the team too long, let's do a Germany and get a young squad together and forget about reputations. The fact is we have no players who have successful experience at International level, so how much would we really be losing? We need to stop focusing on club level so much, it should earn them call ups but if it's not working out for them time after time in the national team then let someone else have a go.

We should stick to a system, a clear style of play but freshen the team up more frequently to fit that not the other way around, we've tried that plenty of times and got nowhere.

Where are the young players? They don't get chances anymore because it's easier for clubs to buy foreign talent. For all the talk on here of our academy and only Kelechi has got an opportunity and he isn't even English.

What a surprise holding onto Rooney as captain, he shouldnt even be in the squad, what a crock of shit.
If any decent journos (oxymoron I guess) could be arsed they might be able to link the choice of England captain with high profile sponsorship deals & as @GeorgeHeslop'sTackle. notes shirt sales.

No way this over rated tub of lard should have been in the side for the last 4 years. However his plucked shiny scouse potato face is recognised by billions

I was hoping Sams appointment may be the start of a period where i gave a shit about the National team......

I imagine the money men at the FA told him when they hired him that Rooney was going to stay as captain. Allardyce doesn't have nearly enough clout to stand up to them and instead will just do what all the previous english managers have done, knuckle under and just do what they're told at the detriment of the team

Rubbish

I constantly heard that the FA would not appoint someone like Allardyce because he's 'not a yes man' which he certainly isn't

Rooney is also captain under Mourinho for Man U , I suppose Mourinho is just doing what the 'money men' are telling him to do aswell.

Any new manager for England would not come in and drop Rooney as captain.

And who should be the new captain anyway .... Let's me guess - Sterling or Stones ?

Last edited:
Rubbish

I constantly heard that the FA would not appoint someone like Allardyce because he's 'not a yes man' which he certainly isn't

Rooney is also captain under Mourinho for Man U , I suppose Mourinho is just doing what the 'money men' are telling him to do aswell.

Any new manager for England would not come in and drop Rooney as captain.

And who should be the new captain anyway .... Let's me guess - Sterling or Stones ?

Maybe Noble,oh hangon. Rughead should not be captain, he isn't captain material. Not once has he inspired a team. He is a thug. You need a player that inspires the team, when you go a goal down will lift the other players up,he never talks to the players, fuck he even shouts at the younger players.

Maybe Noble,oh hangon. Rughead should not be captain, he isn't captain material. Not once has he inspired a team. He is a thug. You need a player that inspires the team, when you go a goal down will lift the other players up,he never talks to the players, fuck he even shouts at the younger players.

Yep West Ham fans would say Noble, England manager has zero chance whatever squad he picks, team he plays and captain he chooses. Even when England win its just constant abuse.

Ross Barkley is one of a handful of technically gifted English players with the ability to thrive on the international stage and this clown doesn't even have him in the squad.

I suggested to my ERO last night that Barkley was very similar to de Bruyne in inputs, outputs and cock-ups. He can produce something that is truly outstanding and then make a five yard pass directly to an opponent. The trouble with the England set up is that they focus only on the misplaced pass, or the loss of the ball in midfield, and now Big Fat Sam has recruited Little Fat Sam I can see no connection with quality.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.