England POTY 2019

So did he have the most saves ,tackles, interceptions work rate,passes, pass %, assists,dribbles, goals or shots for club or country? the answer to that is no, the FA has made itself look very very stupid
Like others have said on here, these public vote polls are a farce, open to tribal loyalties skewing them (like MOTD’s ‘Goal Of The Month’) Henderson’s a half decent player but the acid test is, would you want him in our squad? Emphatic ‘No’ from me.

And, saddo that I am, I just looked at the FA site for appearances from the start of the 2018-19 season to date and read that Henderson was in the England starting eleven 7 times, with 0 goals and 7 yellow cards. By contrast, say, Kane started 13 games, scored 13 and got 1 yellow card; Sterling started 12, scored 10 and got 2 cards; Rashford started 9, scored 7, with 0 cards; Maguire started 14, with 0 goals and 1 card.. I know statistics don’t tell everything but The Great Hendo’s recent record really doesn’t compare with other members of the squad, to say the least. Especially seeing as I can’t recall getting to the end of an England game and thinking ‘Phew! I’m so glad that we have Jordan Henderson on our side, what with his match-winning performances dragging us out of the mire and all.. Praise be!’

I saw this announced when I briefly had Sky Sports News on, think the clip was from a match when they announced it as one of the other people in the studio had a major surprised look on his face and said who votes, and of course it was a public vote. he then said Raz should have had it.
But Public votes will always go for the dippers as most only have voting on stuff to do between stealing and collecting benefits

I saw this announced when I briefly had Sky Sports News on, think the clip was from a match when they announced it as one of the other people in the studio had a major surprised look on his face and said who votes, and of course it was a public vote. he then said Raz should have had it.
But Public votes will always go for the dippers as most only have voting on stuff to do between stealing and collecting benefits

Don't forget the petitions

What a joke. I’m pleased I have no interest in England games. The circus around Beckham and Rooney put me off for life. Henderson.... nothing more than a decent pub team player who runs like he’s got a stitch.

Any tiny sliver of credibility in these public votes awards went out of the window when Giggs won SPOTY that time. This is the latest head-scratching moment in a long line of them. Jordan Fecking Henderson ahead of Sterling & Kane ? Do me a favour.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.