England squad call-ups

they must take comfort where they can I suppose

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/hart-milner-named-england-squad-6281495" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ad-6281495</a>?

why pick 3 left backs?
why pick Welbeck, Defoe, Milner, Cleverley, Smalling who cant get into their clubs starting 11s regularly?
why no Dawson? Clyne? Ward Prowse?

my starting 11 for the Germany game would be -

Hart
Walker-Cahill-Jagileka-Baines
Gerrard-Lampard
Townsend-Rooney-Rodriguez
Sturridge

No Noble ? or Nolan ??? or Tomkins ?? Carlton fu*king Cole not even on there .. WHAT THE ACTUAL F**K , F**K YOU HODGSON, RAG BIASED PR*CK, I DONT CARE IF ENGLAND HAVE JUST QUALIFIED FOR THE WORLD , HAVE LOST ONE GAME IN 20 ODD GAMES, WE ARE SHIT

There's a few people in there that I don't see the point of.

Kieran Gibbs. He's a distant third in the left back stakes behind Cole and Baines, why exactly include him? Are we saying we'll take 3 left backs to Brazil?!

Smalling. He's started 2 league games for United this season. 2. How exactly has he "earned" his place in the squad if he can't even get on the pitch for his club?

Cleverley. He's mediocre. He doesn't score goals, he doesn't create chances, I don't actually know what he does do?

Defoe. It's not a good sign when you're a striker who has scored less league goals this season than Asmir Begovic! Only seems capable of scoring in Europe, against pretty poor opposition.

Can't bring myself to watch England play, even if our boys are involved and I actually want to vomit when I see wozza and co on my Tv. I would honestly rather watch a foreign national side play It's odd, my total lack of patriotism but then again I don't think it helps that I can't stand most of the players

Matty said:

Defoe. It's not a good sign when you're a striker who has scored less league goals this season than Asmir Begovic! Only seems capable of scoring in Europe, against pretty poor opposition.

Thats because he can't get a game in the league.

Are there any omissions from the squad that were there for Poland? Just trying to see if we can figure who spilled the 'feed the monkey' story

Matty said:

Kieran Gibbs. He's a distant third in the left back stakes behind Cole and Baines, why exactly include him? Are we saying we'll take 3 left backs to Brazil?!

Smalling. He's started 2 league games for United this season. 2. How exactly has he "earned" his place in the squad if he can't even get on the pitch for his club?

Cleverley. He's mediocre. He doesn't score goals, he doesn't create chances, I don't actually know what he does do?

I look at it differently. The Chile game is a perfect chance to play a core of key players and throw in the likes of Gibbs, Lallana, Rodriguez etc to see how they cope and what they offer. Should Baines and or Cole get injured or other key players who would otherwise go, Hodgson has an idea of how these fringe players will perform for England and they have got used to the England set up. We could all name the majority of the 23 man squad now, but it is an opportunity for some form players to make a statement as Townsend did. Hodgson contradicts his form call ups with Jones, Smalling, Cleverly and co. They should be nowhere near that side based on their form. Smalling as a RB fair enough maybe but the rest? No chance. Chile for me would be an experimental game and Germany I would put our best 11 out and play the first half with those then swap at half time. FIFA Rankings etc are already sorted for the World Cup, we have qualified. Now is the time for experiment. We have Denmark next year and a few more friendlies where we can get the final first choice 11 settled and playing together.

bobmcfc said:
Can't bring myself to watch England play, even if our boys are involved and I actually want to vomit when I see wozza and co on my Tv. I would honestly rather watch a foreign national side play It's odd, my total lack of patriotism but then again I don't think it helps that I can't stand most of the players

GOOD ON YA! ENGLAND MAKE ME SICK. THE WAY THEY GO OUT THERE AND WIN PRETTY MUCH ALL THERE GAMES. BUNCH OF TWATS.

MUCH RATHER SUPPORT NIGERIA OR ICELAND TO BE HONEST

supercity88 said:
Matty said:

I look at it differently. The Chile game is a perfect chance to play a core of key players and throw in the likes of Gibbs, Lallana, Rodriguez etc to see how they cope and what they offer. Should Baines and or Cole get injured or other key players who would otherwise go, Hodgson has an idea of how these fringe players will perform for England and they have got used to the England set up. We could all name the majority of the 23 man squad now, but it is an opportunity for some form players to make a statement as Townsend did. Hodgson contradicts his form call ups with Jones, Smalling, Cleverly and co. They should be nowhere near that side based on their form. Smalling as a RB fair enough maybe but the rest? No chance. Chile for me would be an experimental game and Germany I would put our best 11 out and play the first half with those then swap at half time. FIFA Rankings etc are already sorted for the World Cup, we have qualified. Now is the time for experiment. We have Denmark next year and a few more friendlies where we can get the final first choice 11 settled and playing together.

Smalling as RB? What about Clyne?
Clyne is playing week-in week-out, in top form and RB is his natural position. Doesn't make sense to pick Smalling over him...

I'm going to the Germany game, really looking forward to it as well, big fan of England unlike some on here (which isn't a dig, I can understand why people wouldn't want to bother with some of the ludicrous selection decisions), so hoping to see this team:

Hart; Johnson, Jones, Jagielka, Cole; Carrick, Gerrard, Barkley; Lallana, Rooney; Sturridge.

Bit unorthodox on the front side, but I'd love to see Lallana get a game, I also don't rate Cahill that much, albeit Jones has been on bad form at the CB role even though he's shown he has all it takes to play there well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.