England squad for friendly v Holland

Who the fuck is gonna play centre back? How is Lescott not there. Top of the league least goals conceded.

speccybob 8 said:
England squad

Goalkeepers: Scott Carson (Bursaspor), Joe Hart (Manchester City), Robert Green (West Ham United)

Defenders: Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Leighton Baines (Everton), Glen Johnson (Liverpool), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Micah Richards (Manchester City), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur)

Midfielders: Gareth Barry (Manchester City), Tom Cleverley (Manchester United), Stewart Downing (Liverpool), Adam Johnson (Manchester City), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), James Milner (Manchester City), Scott Parker (Tottenham Hotspur), Ashley Young (Manchester United), Theo Walcott (Arsenal)

Forwards: Darren Bent (Aston Villa), Fraizer Campbell (Sunderland), Daniel Sturridge (Chelsea), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Danny Welbeck (Manchester United)

Obvious where our problems are........no City players in the forwards!<br /><br />-- Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:53 pm --<br /><br />
wayne71 said:
I don't follow the international team much these days so I may be missing something obvious but why isnt the current best English defender (Lescott) in the squad?

I'm glad he isn't.....needs a well earned rest for City games coming up

I remember a time when it was regarded as a a real honour and a fantastic achievement to be picked for an England squad (for all you younger BM'ers, ask your parents; such a time did exist!). Now, it's a bloody joke. Cleverly? Just what the fuck has he done; seriously? Fraizer Campbell? Championship striker at best. Stewart Downing? Even the Klansmen are fed up of him. Done the grand amount of fuck all this season. Theo Walcott, at the expense of the inform Oxlade-Chamberlain? Say no more!. Grannyshagger, when he's not available for the opening two games in the summer? Jesus did indeed weep. And Danny Welbeck-inho? Fuck off.

is it just me or is anyone else amazed that glen johnson
still gets in the england squad ??? has to be one of the worst
right backs in the prem league .......

broughton blue 7 said:
is it just me or is anyone else amazed that glen johnson
still gets in the england squad ??? has to be one of the worst
right backs in the prem league .......

If he din't play for L'pool he'd be nowhere near the squad.

On another note......Frazer Campbell!!!! Is this some sort of joke??

Cleverley, 5 career league appearances for United.
No league appearances for nearly 5 months.
Called up for England.

You can only laugh, the shirt picks the players.

LoveCity said:
Cleverley, 5 career league appearances for United.
No league appearances for nearly 5 months.
Called up for England.

You can only laugh, the shirt picks the players.

If he had done exactly the same as he has done this season in a Norwich or Swansea shirt he wouldn't even have been considered. Farce.

It really makes you wonder what Carrick has done to piss the FA off considering he's been Uniteds best player this season, how Cleverly got in the squad I have no idea.

My team from that squad (would have picked Chamberlain and Lescott for sure) for the Holland game would be

Hart (Green for 2nd half maybe, Hart is definite for Euro's so give Green some time in case Hart gets injured at the Euro's)

Walker
Richards (Give him a go there for England)
Smalling
Cole

Barry
Gerrard
Milner

Sturridge
Bent
Young

Don't see why Chamberlain wasn't picked for a lack of games (apparently what Pearce said) when Cleverley has being picked. I am not against Cleverley being picked, massively over-rated by rags but he is still a good player with potential, give him the last 20 minutes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.