England Squad - Sept 2024 | Foden Withdrawn

He's 34. Will be 36 come the next tournament and we have a wealth of talent in that position. Seems pointless to call him up walker should hopefully accept it with grace and announce his retirement as tripper has done and concentrate on prolonging his club career.
Voted best RB in the Euros, ah well.

We won't know anything about carlsey really until Bellingham is fit and we can see if he does a southgate and says "do what the fuck you want, you're the boss not me".
Watch the team perform well whilst Bellingham is injured, then Carsley brings him right back in to the team as soon as he is remotely fit, and we begin to struggle again, which is blamed on Foden not being able to play well and support Bellingham whilst out of position.

Last edited:
Already better than any team Gareth has ever picked.

And thank god he didn’t shove Alexander-Arnold’s name into the midfield

Voted best RB in the Euros, ah well.
I'm not saying he suddenly isn't good enough. but at some point you have to look to the future. They likely aren't expecting a 36 year old walker who relies on pace to be playing in the next world cup and so they need to get his replacements who might be involved now. If come the world cup, walker is somehow still the best option and is available they can always call him up and he'll slot in with no problems, you're not learning anything new making walker play these friendlies.

I'm not saying he suddenly isn't good enough. but at some point you have to look to the future. They likely aren't expecting a 36 year old walker who relies on pace to be playing in the next world cup and so they need to get his replacements who might be involved now. If come the world cup, walker is somehow still the best option and is available they can always call him up and he'll slot in with no problems, you're not learning anything new making walker play these friendlies.
Plus, arent these just friendlies? You know exactly what Walker brings and theres no need to play him unnecessary minutes when he's at the age he should be managing his game time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.