England Squad - Sept 2024 | Foden Withdrawn

This squad is always odd given that only 2 games have been played. Madueke was useless against us, scores a hat trick against Wolves and is called up. His name was never mentioned previously. Mainoo, useless last season, useless this but still gets a call up. Wharton good enough for the Euros squad but is now not in the squad. Stones and Foden not even played 90 minutes between them as we try and manage their return but called up. Gomes, we all know why. Walker bombed out but Maguire in. Jack is also an odd inclusion.

EDIT: Just seen this quote from Carsley.

Lee Carsley on why he chose not to include Kyle Walker: "I think the fact that Kyle hasn't played this season would suggest that Manchester City are phasing him in slowly.

"It's important that players coming in are up to speed and that they're ready to play. I would say 98% of the squad have played a lot of minutes".

How the fuck then can you pick Stones and Foden then!

Madueke didn't play against us.

He was on the bench apologies. Could have sworn he got on.

I had to check, wasn't sure if he was forgettable or if he missed out.

He's got some ability though, and playing under Maresca now might make Chelsea players fit with the City players pretty well tactically.

Last edited:
This squad is always odd given that only 2 games have been played. Madueke was useless against us, scores a hat trick against Wolves and is called up. His name was never mentioned previously. Mainoo, useless last season, useless this but still gets a call up. Wharton good enough for the Euros squad but is now not in the squad. Stones and Foden not even played 90 minutes between them as we try and manage their return but called up. Gomes, we all know why. Walker bombed out but Maguire in. Jack is also an odd inclusion.

EDIT: Just seen this quote from Carsley.

Lee Carsley on why he chose not to include Kyle Walker: "I think the fact that Kyle hasn't played this season would suggest that Manchester City are phasing him in slowly.

"It's important that players coming in are up to speed and that they're ready to play. I would say 98% of the squad have played a lot of minutes".

How the fuck then can you pick Stones and Foden then!

Interesting that you say Madueke was useless against City. He didn't even get off the bench.

I think he ended last season in great form, then continued the great form in preseason, then scored in his first appearance of the season in the conference league, then followed it up with a hatrick in his first league game of the season.

I think he was deserving of consideration anyway, but you're probably right, the hatrick was probably too eye catching to ignore. Plus there's added fact that Madueke has played a lot under Carsley in U21s and has always played well for him.

Last edited:
Who's this Gomes fella?

Edit: Ex rag. makes sense now. Is he actually any good?

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.