England v Croatia (UNL) Match Thread

Is that considered a fair throw? Thought that this was foul (playing as a kid in the States some 30+ years ago, I'm fairly certain that this would have been deemed illegal).

At the moment of delivering the ball, the thrower must:

• stand facing the field of play
  • have part of each foot on the touchline or on the ground outside the touchline
You can have part of one foot or part of both feet inside the touchline as long as you fulfill the requirements above.

At the moment of delivering the ball, the thrower must:

• stand facing the field of play
  • have part of each foot on the touchline or on the ground outside the touchline
You can have part of one foot or part of both feet inside the touchline as long as you fulfill the requirements above.
Thanks caseball. I wasn't aware of this.

Edit - it seems USA rules are different at least at the collegiate level:
"The ball shall be thrown in any direction from the point where it crossed the touch line by a player who is facing the field of play and has both feet touching the ground on or behind the touchline."

Stupid yanks! :-)

Last edited:
Thanks caseball. I wasn't aware of this.

Edit - it seems USA rules are different at least at the collegiate level:
"The ball shall be thrown in any direction from the point where it crossed the touch line by a player who is facing the field of play and has both feet touching the ground on or behind the touchline."

Stupid yanks! :-)

Could be interpreted the same way... not quite as explicit though. I mean you'd have to have really small feet to have them on the touchline and nowhere else. And you could argue it should be on and/or behind the touchline and you couldn't have one on the touchline and one behind it because it says both feet on or behind...two peoples divided by a common language. My language can be really common. (waits for usual posters)......

Could be interpreted the same way... not quite as explicit though. I mean you'd have to have really small feet to have them on the touchline and nowhere else. And you could argue it should be on and/or behind the touchline and you couldn't have one on the touchline and one behind it because it says both feet on or behind...two peoples divided by a common language. My language can be really common. (waits for usual posters)......
Respectfully disagree on the commonality of the laws - they're distinctly different. Gomez clearly had part of his foot over the line and on the field for his throw - legal in international play - but definitely a routine foul throw call under USA collegiate rules.

Both rules though are at least easy to call - all of your foot on or behind the line versus some part of your foot on or behind the line.

Rashford had good exciting game, but that's all he amounts to. Hasnt got the end pass/goal yet.

Perhaps he was saving himself for this game and didn't want to burn himself out in a pointless (see what I did there!) derby.

Interestingly in the DT this morning they describe how 'Arry 'Otspur had three shots blocked or saved, missed one, scored one and immediately became the world's greatest striker. They even squeezed in the label 'assassin'!

Respectfully disagree on the commonality of the laws - they're distinctly different. Gomez clearly had part of his foot over the line and on the field for his throw - legal in international play - but definitely a routine foul throw call under USA collegiate rules.

Both rules though are at least easy to call - all of your foot on or behind the line versus some part of your foot on or behind the line.

If you had both feet flat on the ground with your toes inside and your heels outside the touchline, wouldn't that fit the wording? Both feet are touching the ground on or behind. Football generally is cursed with poorly written laws.

And miss the simple chance which would have put England ahead, at a time they were dominating the game plus two other chances when the goalkeeper was out of his goal.

Which is also 'what he's paid for'.

He still won the match. No striker converts 100% of their chances.

At the end of the day he got an assist and a goal. He's been top scorer 2 out of 4 times in the league, top scorer in the world cup, he produces the goods when hes playing average.

Put it this way, when your favourite alternative strikers Wellbeck, Rashford and Vardy have a bad game do you expect a goal? Because i dont at all. If Kane has a good game you know he will score and if he has a stinker you wouldnt put it past him scoring

Just watched the game as I was out yesterday afternoon.
Delpinio was superb. 8.5 out if 10. The English Busquets...
Stones was pretty damn good as well

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.