England v Croatia (UNL) Match Thread

Why is Delph not the man (if I read Pep correctly) to give Ferna a break? He could do it in his sleep, judging by yesterday.

Why is Delph not the man (if I read Pep correctly) to give Ferna a break? He could do it in his sleep, judging by yesterday.
Its an odd one as its his natural calling and we bought him as the Captain of villa playing superbly in that position.He can pass the ball,he has an amazing engine and he loves a tackle(ooooerrr)

Other than his injuries,i can only think his very infrequent lapses of concentration in the middle of the park are the reason?

Rashford had good exciting game, but that's all he amounts to. Hasnt got the end pass/goal yet.
I havent seen anything in him that makes me think hes all that great. The pundits and media seem to rave over him, but i just dont see it yet. Maybe its the management shackling him at United or hes some sort of rough diamond

I enjoyed that game, thought England played far better in the first half than the second half which will probably get missed by the masses. Who will probably call for Lingard and Alli to start but I think using them as impact subs suits both of them better.

Have to say the commentary was abysmal as usual though, Alan Smith was playing his own game of which is the nearest City player I can blame this mistake on during his commentary for most of the game. His highpoint was when Sterling got clattered by the keeper and Kane couldn't score with no keeper in goal, he decided it was all Sterlings fault we didn't score and Kane did well in spite of Sterling trying to mess up a good chance by not committing enough(he took a clattering, what more do you want you dick?).

He seemed to think Rashford was running the game when he simply wasn't, "get the ball to Rashford" he exclaimed. Then, when a double substitution came in the second half taking off Delph instead of Dier(who nearly cost us the game shortly after he was that poor) and Rashford who wasn't really affecting the game much, both commentators remarked "some may question why Sterling stays on and Rashford gets subbed off"... no most were wondering how Dier escaped the hook I'd have thought. They don't even attempt to hide their immature fanboy bias anymore do they?

It's a good job we won, as we know where they would turn to first, to take out their frustration.

He still won the match. No striker converts 100% of their chances.

At the end of the day he got an assist and a goal. He's been top scorer 2 out of 4 times in the league, top scorer in the world cup, he produces the goods when hes playing average.

Put it this way, when your favourite alternative strikers Wellbeck, Rashford and Vardy have a bad game do you expect a goal? Because i dont at all. If Kane has a good game you know he will score and if he has a stinker you wouldnt put it past him scoring

Perhaps.
But motm is a fucking joke. Most strikers would have scored the 1st one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.