England v Hungary | Tuesday 12th October 2021

Not a fan of Southgate but it was quite obvious a few of the England players were just going through the motions in a game with nothing on it.
Also, wasn't the starting midfield the one a lot were screaming for in the Euro's ?

Matterface couldn't wait to jump on Poogash comments about City breaking their club record of having five club players in the starting line-up by reeling back a century ago to Arsenal having seven players.

I think I’m just spoilt with Pep, lesser so with Klopp and Tuchel, but they would impact positively on the England team in different ways, but we would look much better.
Given what England have I would like to see a 3,2,5 with a mobile advanced 5 with no focal point. Kane up top must be plan b from now.
All the top teams press yet watching England they don’t which reflects Southgate approach.

I think waistcoats subs are guided by what the FA want to project, if they had there way the England team would be made up of One/two players from each of the prem league clubs, I bet they weren't happy that 5 city players started last night because that tells its own story .
I think the FA are just happy to qualify for tournaments, it's their equivalent of making top four, they don't actually need to win anything but just give the impression they could , hence Southgate is their ideal man .
This.

Gives them brand exposure and a decent share of the tournament finals money pot. They don't want a coach that will take these players and build a squad that dominates for a decade or so.

Just keep the cash rolling from shirts with rags/dipper names on the back etc.

Matterface couldn't wait to jump on Poogash comments about City breaking their club record of having five club players in the starting line-up by reeling back a century ago to Arsenal having seven players.
In 2010 we had 6 players on the pitch at one point… although only 4 started

The problem according to the BBC was the fans, Waistcoat only picked the team because of their requests?

Conveniently forgot that several of the regulars were utter shite on the night with the worse being Kane, Mount and Sterling. The substitutions were baffling to say the least.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.