England v Italy | Nations League | Sat 11th June '22

MCFC1993

Kick off is 19:45 (BST), live on Channel 4 for those in the UK.

Being played at Molineaux 'behind closed doors' (2000 kids allowed) due to the violence at the Euro 2020 Final.

Match 3 of 4 for England.

Italy aren't very good but England will struggle if that midfield doesn't learn to keep hold of the ball. Gundogan, Musiala and Kimmich had Rice, Bellingham and Mount doing doggies.

Last edited:
Mount - I just don't get the obsession with him. He can score a good goal now and again but contributes very little else, as far as I can see. If Foden is now Covid free, obviously, I hope he comes in, or that Southgate has a personality transplant and starts Grealish (No chance).
We all know that it will be 2 holding midfielders, mostly passing backwards. Our forwards will barely get a sniff. Pickford will do his shouty thing, with the tough guy face, putting his foot through the ball at every opportunity.
Hopefully, Stones won't slip. The crowd will get all excited and sing the f'kin national anthem if we get a corner, in anticipation that Slabhead will get a header on target.
I'll probably watch it, but not with any enthusiam at all.

"Welcome to Channel 4's coverage of England versus Italy live from Molineux. Due to UEFA punishment will be played behind closed doors with a thousand local schoolchildren allowed in. With me today are Michael Owen and Jordon Knobbs. So Michael; how do you feel about the chance your daughter is about to be kicked off Love Island...?"

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess Southgate will ask all players not passing to Jack to ensure no need starting him again. And yeah after seeing that great chemistry between Jack and Kane, why not play them separately? Brilliant!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.