England v Italy | Nations League | Sat 11th June '22

Southgate has been the 2nd best manager we've had. I'd say don't break something that isn't broke... But we've heard all this shit before from our press and media stoking up the news.

He's got no charisma,
the team don't play exciting football,
his achievements are against easier teams.
This is a golden generation and we're wasting them...

All said about errikson, media campaign from our red tops got him ousted. Players threatening to go on strike because he was actually good. And all the sheep fans bought into it

We ended up with mclaren. Careful what you wish for because Southgate is actually doing quite well considering the finals and semis we have reached.

I suspect sacking him will see a downturn in our fortunes, just doesn't seem worth the risk imo.

I don't think that SG himself really needs to go but his assistant coach Holland is the real problem. Holland came from Chelsea and has a strong preference of Chelsea-linked players. That is the reason why Mount never drops no matter of form. Deploying Mount as a winger facing Italy was a major reason why our attacking was so bad facing Italy. Even Chelsea fans are saying Mount never a winger. I

I would say keeping SG as the manager or give him a team leader role to continue be the nice PR guy. While employing some real experienced coach team or hire someone like Poch or Potter.

BTW I think English people are toooooo afraid of changing the manager because of previous unpleasant history between manager&media. But nowadays we hire good experienced PR team and media are less vicious because of more regulations comparing to previous generation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.