England v Scotland | Euro 2020 Group Stage

They won't get rid of him.
Smiles nicely, doesn't say or do anything to upset the FA, does nothing controversial, keeps sponsors happy, beats the pub teams, gets to tournaments, media get their jolly trips.
Fans of lesser clubs get some delusional hope hyped up every couple of years and buy tickets to see Engerland at Wemberlee, before going on chair-throwing lads holidays.
Pathetic.
England will get shown up if/when play anybody half decent or embarrassed with anybody decent.
We were shown up vs the Jocks...

Sadly it looks like another bottle job that will fook our chances up of winning another major trophy :( honestly Kane in his current form shouldn’t be starting on Tuesday but got a feeling that nothing will change come the Czech game
It doesn't really matter who plays up front, they won't get a sniff of the ball unless it comes down from the clouds like a doodlebug. Then there will be at least two 6foot5 hairy arsed defenders jostling and pulling for the ball.
Say Kane (or whoever played centre forward) actually won the ball, who the fuck does he give it to?. Our two holding midfield players will be sitting in our half with their fingers up their arses. Sterling would be shimmying around on the touchline knowing he can't lose the ball if he hasn't got it.... and Ol' Big Nose would have Phil sitting on the bench hoping he might get brought on before the 89th minute.
I despair of watching us under Southgate. It's coming home my arse. False dawns aplenty methinks.

Neither are England.
Thats a problem yous have.
For some reason England hype themselves up every tournament and fail to deliver most of them.
Wees isn't.
England don't hype themselves up, the media might, but we have a truly atrocious gutter excuse for journslism in this country. The Scots like to think England hype themselves up, gives them something else to go on about and get that martyr resolve going.
Scots should be asking questions of their own players and how they can only get up against the zzzzzzzz auld enimie.

Last edited:
Wees isn't.
England don't hype themselves up, the media might, but we have a truly atrocious gutter excuse for journslism in this country. The Scots like to think England hype themselves up, gives them something else to go on about and get that martyr resolve going.
Scotls should be asking questions of their own players and how they can only get up against the zzzzzzzz auld enimie.
We put in a lot more effort in qualifying than we did on Friday.

Everybody is getting rid of Sterling in the first eleven and still considered so 'poor' he made more runs in two games at and behind opposition defences than all other players put together. If Southgate had any guts, he would take Kane at half-time ad start the second one with Grealish-Foden-Sterling up front. At least our press would not be off for the most of the game.

When watching England I tend to watch Sterling and Foden the most. The amount of times both made runs yesterday only for Englands midfield to pass it sideways or back. Englands midfield arent on the same wavelength, they dont think quick enough.
Stones has the same problems at the back, he expects players to be available for a pass. But again the midfield is so slow and not ready for the pass Stones wants to make.

City players are made the scapegoats when infact the City players are playing at a higher level than their slower thinking midfield.
I only saw the second half due to travelling.
Raheem was making several great runs only to stop and turn back time after time as England gave a passable impression of over 60s walking football.
To haul Phil after 60 minutes was inexcusable and putting Saint Marcus on later was akin to raising the white flag.
Robertson definitely trod on Raheem.
Finally I read on BBC Johnny Boulders “should” have scored. I missed that so don’t know if “should was accurate.
And Grealish ? Half an hour of running up and down the same blind alley falling over and winning free kicks. I like him as a player but that was tedious.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.