England v Scotland | Euro 2020 Group Stage

MCFC1993

Last one of the night, put it up early for the pre-match build up.

England v Scotland

Friday 18th June 2021

Kicks off at 20:00 (BST) at Wembley in London, England. Capacity at 25%, approximately 22,500.

Coverage begins at 19:00 (BST) on ITV 1, presented by Mark Pougatch, analysis from Roy Keane, Ian Wright, Graeme Souness, Gary Neville and Scott Brown. Commentary from Sam Matterface, Lee Dixon and Ally McCoist

Referee: Antonio Mateu Lahoz (ESP) (Him again)

1623872587707.png

ENGLAND

England started off their Euro 2020 campaign with a win over Croatia, quite a comfortable win in the end, scrappy in parts but always looked like taking the 3 points. England actually started that game really well and looked like they were going to score a few but I think the heat took its toll, along with Croatia gaining a bit of a foothold in the game which slowed England down for a while. Kalvin Phillips was excellent in the centre of the park and surprised many, he was actually more of a box-to-box player as opposed to a pure number 6. Sterling got his first goal in a major international tournament. Will Southgate tinker with the side? I suspect he will. In terms of injuries, Dean Henderson has had to withdraw from the squad, replaced with Ramsdale.

Euro 2020 goal scorers:
Raheem Sterling (Manchester City) - 1

Starting XI v Croatia:
1623872603580.png

SCOTLAND

What to say about Scotland? They’ve now left themselves with a really difficult task. They can still go through if they don’t get anything here but it’s going to be really difficult. The most frustrating thing for them is that they were capable of getting something versus the Czech Republic, but their finishing was terrible and they were killed off with a wonder goal. I think they need to try and get at least a point from this game, it could get tasty. If I was them, I wouldn’t play that right back; O’Donnell is it? He was shit. As was Dykes, the striker and McTominay was shite as well.

No goal scorers so far.

Starting XI v Czech Republic:
1623872675447.png

See opening match thread for full squads of each team.

Trench behind the sofa under construction. Tranquiliser darts loaded and Mrs getting shooting practise as I type. It's all about selection and balls on Friday, Clarke is a cautious, boring coach, more interested in containment than offensive play. Although to be fair to him, I was offended by the team he picked on Monday. He's in the press today saying we need to let the doom and gloom go. He forgets he caused it, by picking a team that had players out of form and some out of their comfort zone. It's like a guy who hits you over thread with a baseball bat, then complains you're getting blood on his shirt. I think he will go with probably the same team, barring Dykes, even he must have seen how much of a wasted jersey he was. If he does, we will get hammered. I had hoped he would play our younger players on Monday, the fear I have is, like any shit manager, he will double down on the calls to change it and put his stubbornness before what needs doing. If he makes the five changes we will hopefully play at bit, if not, he's sacked at the end of it, so have a go for fuck sake.

With changes, England win 2 maybe 3.1. If he goes with the same team more or less, I agree with Keane, England will batter us. 4 or 5 nil. Another pathetic failure awaits if he doesn't see what we all could. Let's hope he has and does some fucking thing about it.

Trench behind the sofa under construction. Tranquiliser darts loaded and Mrs getting shooting practise as I type. It's all about selection and balls on Friday, Clarke is a cautious, boring coach, more interested in containment than offensive play. Although to be fair to him, I was offended by the team he picked on Monday. He's in the press today saying we need to let the doom and gloom go. He forgets he caused it, by picking a team that had players out of form and some out of their comfort zone. It's like a guy who hits you over thread with a baseball bat, then complains you're getting blood on his shirt. I think he will go with probably the same team, barring Dykes, even he must have seen how much of a wasted jersey he was. If he does, we will get hammered. I had hoped he would play our younger players on Monday, the fear I have is, like any shit manager, he will double down on the calls to change it and put his stubbornness before what needs doing. If he makes the five changes we will hopefully play at bit, if not, he's sacked at the end of it, so have a go for fuck sake.

With changes, England win 2 maybe 3.1. If he goes with the same team more or less, I agree with Keane, England will batter us. 4 or 5 nil. Another pathetic failure awaits of he doesn't see what we all could. Let's hope he has and does some fucking thing about it.
Scotland have improved but so have England. I think England will win but not by much. Who knows.

For me at least this tournament has been marred by the awful commentating and studio punditry. A game kicks off at 7pm but coverage starts at 6pm…why?
Why do we have to have an hour of the same old faces wheeling out the same old tired soundbytes before the game?
Ratboy Snivel sits there in the warmth and comfort of the tv studio and lectures a watching audience of perhaps millions and millions on what Roberto Mancini needs to do in order to win the game…absolutely incredible, absolutely mind-bendingly incredible! And Mark Pougach sits there nodding vigorously in agreement as if the rat-faced mutant had uttered something so deeply profound, something so wonderfully beneficial to the game of football, that we mere mortals are left wondering why the Sniveler isn’t being buried alive under the mountains of Nobel prizes he’s been awarded.

Ian Wright seems more interested in pursuing his Cockney ‘geezer about town’ persona than adding any kind of analysis to the game we’re watching, like he’s auditioning for a role in some upcoming tv drama starring Danny Dyer and ‘Twitcher’ Redknapp as a couple of lovely down-to-earth cockernee wide boys.
Meanwhile Roy (‘Fuck me! My bonce is suddenly the same size as Canterbury Cathedral and yet my body has seemingly been replaced by that of a banjo string) Keane is sitting there glowering and snarling at everyone as if he’s weighing up whether or not to just say: ‘Fuck this for a career choice, I’m going to allow my violent mood swings to have their day out in the sun and kick fuck out of that 2nd cameraman on the left, over there.’

And still Pougach sits there trying to convince everybody he’s on top of things by continuing to hang on to every word the Sniveler utters, but really all he’s doing is looking like fucking Danny DeVito’s ‘One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest’ character: bewildered, confused, and looking like he hasn’t got a fucking clue what planet he’s currently co-existing on.

For me at least this tournament has been marred by the awful commentating and studio punditry. A game kicks off at 7pm but coverage starts at 6pm…why?
Why do we have to have an hour of the same old faces wheeling out the same old tired soundbytes before the game?
Ratboy Snivel sits there in the warmth and comfort of the tv studio and lectures a watching audience of perhaps millions and millions on what Roberto Mancini needs to do in order to win the game…absolutely incredible, absolutely mind-bendingly incredible! And Mark Pougach sits there nodding vigorously in agreement as if the rat-faced mutant had uttered something so deeply profound, something so wonderfully beneficial to the game of football, that we mere mortals are left wondering why the Sniveler isn’t being buried alive under the mountains of Nobel prizes he’s been awarded.

Ian Wright seems more interested in pursuing his Cockney ‘geezer about town’ persona than adding any kind of analysis to the game we’re watching, like he’s auditioning for a role in some upcoming tv drama starring Danny Dyer and ‘Twitcher’ Redknapp as a couple of lovely down-to-earth cockernee wide boys.
Meanwhile Roy (‘Fuck me! My bonce is suddenly the same size as Canterbury Cathedral and yet my body has seemingly been replaced by that of a banjo string) Keane is sitting there glowering and snarling at everyone as if he’s weighing up whether or not to just say: ‘Fuck this for a career choice, I’m going to allow my violent mood swings to have their day out in the sun and kick fuck out of that 2nd cameraman on the left, over there.’

And still Pougach sits there trying to convince everybody he’s on top of things by continuing to hang on to every word the Sniveler utters, but really all he’s doing is looking like fucking Danny DeVito’s ‘One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest’ character: bewildered, confused, and looking like he hasn’t got a fucking clue what planet he’s currently co-existing on.
Why do you watch it? Just turn on at kick off time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.