England vs Portugal - 02/06/16

MCFC1993

On ITV, kick off at 19:45, sell out game at wembley, seems to have gone a bit under the radar this game. I assume most paid to see the man that always goes missing, doubt he'll play though.

Is this the game that brings everyone back down to Earth or the game that gets everyone giddy that we're going to do well this time? Forgot how England do it nowadays, either way Roy will probably have Henderson and Milner in a 2 man midfield.

Last edited:
Nice, didn't know this was on. Will definitely be watching. Serious test for England. Portugal's had some great results lately, play good football too. Tbh, I fancy Portugal for this one.

On ITV, kick off at 19:45, sell out game at wembley, seems to have gone a bit under the radar this game. I assume most paid to see the man that always goes missing, doubt he'll play though.

Is this the game that brings everyone back down to Earth or gets everyone giddy that we're going to do well this time? Forgot how England do it nowadays, either way Roy will probably have Henderson and Milner in a 2 man midfield.

Exactly this.

Hodgson and his teams inspire so little confidence that I just can't be arsed watching.

All those fans bought tickets on the lie that Tranny would be playing. They'll be a lot of confused rags there tonight.

Still, at least they'll all have Sterling to boo....

I had to laugh when Hodgson said they chose to play Portugal because playing against Ronaldo was good preparation for playing against Bale - but Ronaldo is being rested!

Portugal are quite a good side, lots of good youngsters, but I'd expect England to beat a Portugal team without Ronaldo.

I imagine Hodgson will start the team who will play against Russia, so that will be interesting. The word is 4-2-3-1 with Rooney, Alli and Lallana behind Kane. That certainly wouldn't be my pick.

Is this the game that brings everyone back down to Earth or the game that gets everyone giddy that we're going to do well this time? Forgot how England do it nowadays, either way Roy will probably have Henderson and Milner in a 2 man midfield.

How on earth is Henderson an international calibre midfielder in anybody's books?
Him and Lallana should be nowhere near the England team.

I assume Pepe won't play either who despite being a complete twat is also a very decent defender. They have a decent side, Sanches, Guerreiro, Joao Mario and Andre Gomes all young decent players. No Bernardo Silva though is he injured or just not quite proved himself?

---------------------------------Rui Patricio
Vieirinha/Soares--------Alves(Pepe)-----------Fonte-------------Guerreiro
------------------------W.Carvalho--------Andre Gomes
Quaresma----------------------Moutinho------------------------Nani
----------------------------------Eder?(Ronaldo)

My England team would be:
--------------------------------Hart
Clyne-----------Smalling------------Stones-----------Bertrand
--------------------------------Dier
Sterling----------Wilshere----------Alli----------------Rooney(Because that idiot will pick him)
--------------------------------Kane

If any of those 3 centre midfielders get injured, we're are fucked, thats including Wilshere as well. Drinkwater would have been a better replacement than Henderson, Barkley or Milner thats for sure.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.