England vs Portugal - 02/06/16

I witnessed first hand last the utter fuck wittery of football fans and their ability to regurgitate what the pundits say without question.

My Facebook feed (yeah, yeah i know) had a discussion of people talking about the game and they all agreed to a man that Kyle Walker had been utterly class. From what I saw he made a few overlapping runs and chased back to win the ball a few times because he was out of position. I expected people to be taking the piss out of dour Glen's blatant Spurs favouritism. I'm convinced now that The Human Centipede films are influenced by football fans and their ability to swallow any old shit.

The best bit was watching them pass off Hoddle's opinion as if it were their own. Even more amusing was the fact that half of these morons are forever sharing videos about The New World Order bollocks and such, then start going on about how they pity the easily influenced 'sheeple' being manipulated by the 'lamestream' media.

I really hope Hoddle isn't going to feature as co-commentator too often. He genuinely ruins games, it doesn't really rouse any excitement listening to his shaky, piss weak voice, he sounds like Frank Spencer on a come down.

Unfortunately Shrek will start as Woy said months ago he will be the captain. So he either plays a 4 2 3 1 formation with Shrek lumbering around behind Kane or the team will be unbalanced. It would be like us shoehorning Bony up front down the middle and Sergio being shoved out to the wing

Sterling has been England's best player during these friendlies by a long way, he's set up nearly every goal! Nobody has been close to Sterling for England in terms of creativity over these 3 games. He was England's best player against Australia and, despite coming on as a sub last night, provided the only bit of quality which won England the game.

Starting Rooney or Milner ahead of Sterling is just madness really.

Agreed.

If Butland signs for the rags Hart will be benched too...

I am of the view that if Woy doesn't play any of our players during tournament which means they get a rest or no injury that will do for me.

If that England team had been in the Premier League last season with Woy as manager then the Bar Codes would still be in it.

Shoehorning Rooney into the side is going to cost Roy his job.

He did it at the World Cup and he'll do it at the Euros.

If Rooney is in a key position at the Euros, England will fail again and Roy will be gone.

Do people really care - the sooner that Roy and Rooney are f*cked off the better imo ?

In a nutshell: quite a few decent players, crappy manager (same as for Belgium)

A few problems I see:
- Vardy will be of no use in the Euro's. He's a striker who needs space to run in behind defenders & go one on one with the goalkeeper. England will be up against "the bus" pretty much all the time, and Vardy adds no value there. Same story as Lukaku with Belgium.
- Rooney has been past it for a couple of years now. He has nothing left of that venom that used to make him such a dangerous striker, the young Rooney could twist & turn and shoot (blast) accurately out of nothing. The current Rooney is just old, fat & harmless.
- Milner is Milner.

I would pick Sturridge over Vardy any time.
Dele Alli or Wilshere when in form, should take Rooney's °10 role.
Lallana for Milner.
Sterling could sometimes play as a second striker next to Sturridge or in place of Lallana/Milner, depending on what kind of opposition you face.

I think England will do quite well but no further than QF. "Woy" seems tactically clueless and too loyal towards Rooney.

Sturridge, Kane,

Delle Ali,

Sterling, Lallana,

Dier

In a nutshell: quite a few decent players, crappy manager (same as for Belgium)

A few problems I see:
- Vardy will be of no use in the Euro's. He's a striker who needs space to run in behind defenders & go one on one with the goalkeeper. England will be up against "the bus" pretty much all the time, and Vardy adds no value there. Same story as Lukaku with Belgium.
- Rooney has been past it for a couple of years now. He has nothing left of that venom that used to make him such a dangerous striker, the young Rooney could twist & turn and shoot (blast) accurately out of nothing. The current Rooney is just old, fat & harmless.
- Milner is Milner.

I would pick Sturridge over Vardy any time.
Dele Alli or Wilshere when in form, should take Rooney's °10 role.
Lallana for Milner.
Sterling could sometimes play as a second striker next to Sturridge or in place of Lallana/Milner, depending on what kind of opposition you face.

I think England will do quite well but no further than QF. "Woy" seems tactically clueless and too loyal towards Rooney.

Sturridge, Kane,

Delle Ali,

Sterling, Lallana,

Dier
You were doing so well until you mentioned Lallana.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.